Caddy over Justin Vincent

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Jun 16, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Did you "HEAR" what the man said ...

2. Rath21

Rath21 Founding Member

Well considering JV didn't start until game 7 into the season, I believe racking up a thousand yards is more impressive than what CW did.

Although I will agree that CW is the better back, like someone said earlier, JV had the advantage with a better OLine and a passing game.
    :lsup: :champs:

3. Tiger1131

Tiger1131 Founding Member

Don't worry about this preseason hype. Caddy is a great back and so is JV.

4. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

Nick won't ride JV into the ground to get him his yards. He will let the other RBs run some to get everyone PT. Remember last year he didn't run Joe when he could have easily been racking up yards at the beginning of the year.

5. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Caddy is the real deal... He just doesn't do it against real defenses, hence the what 50 or 60 or so yards he had against us last year? Real dominating...

6. TigerWar

TigerWar Founding Member

V4H...

You're forgetting what kind of offensive line Cadillac had blocking for him last season. Not to mention Auburn's lack of a passing game. Everyone knew Caddy was getting the ball and he still rolled for 1300 yards. Don't get me wrong, JV is a sensational back. However, he is not on Cadillac's level as of right now. I predict in the future he will be.

7. TigahBait

TigahBait Ultimate Tigah Fan

Wasn't Bauburn ranked #1 preseason last year? Were'nt they supposed to have had a great offensive line? A QB that could throw as well as run? Just goes to show you that there is a difference between preseason picks and post season actuals!! Caddy will not give better numbers than JV in fantasy football. Predictions from this crew should be taken with a grain of salt.

8. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

Don't forget that CW had Ronnie Brown & Brandon Jacobs stealing some carries away from him last year too. Jacobs is gone this year, but CW & RB is as good a RB stable as we have in JV, Ally, Addai, and Shy.

9. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

Caddy will probably be a better fantasy player

It's all about TD's scored. Caddy will get most of Auburn's red zone carries, and I think Alley will get more of LSU's red zone carries than JV.

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I suspect you're right bout that. Caddy will indeed be entrusted with the ball inside the RZ. He's very elusive, both inside and outside, and he rarely coughs up the football - traits I'm sure anybody would love to have on their team.