Bush Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Sep 16, 2010.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Wow!!!...I go away and my American Flag avatar disappears. So was it the liberals or Mexicans that took over while I was gone?

:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then it shouldn't be hard to provide an example.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i need to point this out because many seem to not know---barack hussein obama passed the largest tax cut in US history.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Obamacare, drilling moratorium, hesitancy to extend the tax cuts, threat of cap and tax...need more?

I suspect you've been ingesting the lead laden vegetables from Queen Michelle's garden.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They told me it was vegetables from LaSalleAve's garden . . .

1 person likes this.
  6. fairlee76

fairlee76 Veteran Member

Two articles...

Sorry, saw this thread and could not resist. Sincerely hope there is no political talk this Saturday. Screw politics, we have football to watch, booze to drink, and food to eat.

On vacation time. The whole argument here is BS in a number of ways. As political analysts have noted, a President is never truly on vacation. So our bitching about a President's "vacation days" is silly. But, for those of you on the right howling about Obama using so much vacation time, how does 115 vacay days for Bush compared to 48 for Obama sound? That is the amount of time used by both men at the same time in their presidency: Republicans question whether President Obama deserves a vacation.
    The tax cut discussion is a thorny one. The Bush tax cuts benefit the very wealthy, we are talking top 2%. Those folks tend to save rather than spend the money they receive in tax cuts therefore any benefit to the economy is marginal at best. Responsible spending, with some hard cuts made in the big ticket arenas (military contractors, Medicare) is one way to get us closer to where we were during the Clinton years. Continuing to prop up failing businesses and throwing tons of money at corrupt contractors is not the road to economic health: Five myths about the Bush tax cuts. I find nothing more infuriating than reading articles about the mercenaries in Blackwater getting rich while enlisted men and women are driving through mined areas in Hummers that have plywood floors because we had "to go to war with the army we had," or whatever the hell Rumsfeld said.

Sorry for the rant as I know I am a guest here. Looking forward to, hopefully, catching up with a few of you in person this weekend.

1 person likes this.
  7. SabanFan

Are you gay? (I'm going by your politics and your picture)

8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Typical, slime the poster since you can't refute the facts.

9. SabanFan

Slime? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Tax cuts benefit everybody. I'm so sick of everybody being against the "wealthy" while 40% of all Americans don't pay a stinking dime.

Stop penalizing those that do, and start penalizing those that don't.