Bush Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Well, it ain't working. Unemployment has increased, and more people are below the poverty level and receiving food stamps. Industry and small businesses are sitting on their cash because the health care bill and the threat of higher taxes have created a great deal of uncertainty. As a result they are not hiring or making investments. One good by-product of the surplus cash is that it will be a key factor in the nation not having to go through a double dip recession.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You guys seem to have misremembered how much el rojo hates the rich!:grin:

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

they should just make the bush tax cuts permanent and double it so govt income rises EVEN MORE!

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Is there an echo in here? :hihi:

5. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

From Red55

"spending the hoard of cash it is sitting on"

Buisness has NO IDEA what the government will do next. That is why it is sitting on a hoard of cash. It is likely that it will eventually have to be paid TO the government to bail it out for going on a spending spree.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It has no idea of what the economy is going to do, and is being frugal, as most of us are. But that money is not working for the companies, they can't leave it there forever. And that cash, even part of, when it starts moving again will pull the economy back into line. It is proper for the government to give them incentives to buy, produce, and hire with that money. Most of the worlds governments are doing so.

And with so may multinational corporations running the show, we do not want them to spent that cash in a country offering better incentives.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Really? :rolleye33:

How very sad. You sound like Michelle Obama. :wink:

I am proud to be an American and have never been ashamed of this country. :usaflagwa

How do you figure we look ridiculous to the rest of the world? We are still the only Superpower with the biggest economy, most military power, most stable government, most global influence, most allies, and have a President that is almost as highly admired abroad as Bill Clinton and already has a Noble Prize.

People are lining up to come to America. American culture has become international and is highly popular everywhere. The US controls the oceans, most of the worlds airspace, all orbital space and have planted a flag on the moon! We have platoon sergeants that are smarter and better paid than most of the worlds officer corps. :hihi:

We are both admired and feared by most of the world, but few find us ridiculous. This country has lots of issues . . . until you compare it to any other country in the history of the planet.

Just my opinion . . .

8. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I've been out of town for two months and spent part of that time out of the country so I've fortunately not had to watch or read much from this administration and Congress for the past 10 weeks.

I have no crystal ball (except this one :crystal:) but before leaving I predicted I would return to find the same blame being placed on the previous administration. (Place a check mark there.)

I also predicted the party in control would panic and start pulling the race card. (Place a check mark there.)

I also predicted the economy and unemployment rate would not improve due to the stimulus. (Place a check mark there.)

I also stated the same Obama defense counsel here in TF would still be spinning the topics. (Place a check mark there.)

I also thought the moratorium would still be in effect as it has very little to do with safety. (Add another check mark.)

What shocked me though was taking a Bush plan (tax cuts) and trying to place Obama's name on it. That's sad but so hilarious.

I guess I'll disappear again because I'm sure opinions here are rarely influenced by other comments and most people are pretty set in their ways. Hopefully the moderates in this country have come to their senses and will end this experiment in 2012.

I didn't get to read all threads and comments but some are quite interesting.

We're stuck with these idiots (worst Congress EVER!) a little longer but it's FOOTBALL SEASON so I'm off to the important threads. :helmet: Saintslogo :usaflagwa

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Red, Red, Red...:dis:

Wake up and smell the coffee. The reason businesses don't want to spend is because they don't know whether the tax cuts will expire for them. They don't know how much Obamacare is going to cost them (and it WILL cost them). They don't know if Obama will ram through cap and trade. The only way businesses will start to invest, expand and hire is if the November elections don't result in a Democrat majority.