Bush is a liar, and should be impeached.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

There's more than one issue to go on...

Almost everything in his speech is suspect.

There was considerable doubt that Saddam was using those famous aluminum tubes for nuclear enrichment, for example, but Bush used that information.

Now, where are the WMDs?

Bush sold the war on an imminent threat. If you still think now, after the British government has given up hope of finding WMDs in Iraq, that there was any imminent threat, then it is YOU who are stupid, not I.

2. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/06/25/sprj.irq.centrifuge/index.html

That link right there shows they were hiding a weapons program.
    If we were not shown where the stuff was it would have never been found. The weapons that we are searching for arn't bulk items, they can be stored in small containers and burried anywhere. With all the time they had to hide such stuff it will be very hard to find without someone showing us where it is.
    Saddam has had a WMD weapons program since the 80's, the UN
    inspectors report showed just how much they knew was missing,
    that does not say anything about the stuff nobody knew about.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

With all due respect, no sir.

Even the Bush administration has declared that discovery "not a smoking gun."

A piece of equipment buried 12 years ago then forgotten about does not constitute an active weapons program. Also, it's not even demonstrable that the centrifuge was for nuclear weapons, as it has other military , commercial, and civilian uses.

At the very least, there was no imminent threat from that buried centrifuge, and Bush painted an imminent picture.

4. Golden Tiger

No, there was no imminent threat from the buried cenirifuge, but
    please tell me why or how it is used other than for nuclear weapons. Thats like saying the tubing was going to be used for rockets. Why do people go out of their way to defend Saddam when such items were aginst the UN sanctions for him to have. I guess they were going to use the stuff to make baby milk or something like that.
    The buried centrifuge shows only one thing, and if you would look
    at it with the knowlege of how Saddam worked you would see my point. They only prove that Saddam was hiding a weapons program, and as soon as the UN was fooled and gone for good he
    would have been working real hard again to get his nuclear bomb.
    All the weapons destroyed, hidden, lost, what have you would not matter because they would have been back in business real fast and without anyone's knowledge.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

By the way, Golden Tiger, in case no one has said it, welcome to the board. Tiger Forums membership appears to be made up primarily of God-fearing, patriotic Americans who love their country and their President. There are a few liberal extremists around to keep it well lubricated.

6. Golden Tiger

Thanks SabanFan, wouldn't it be nice to be watching football right now.......

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Now I consider myself a true conservative, and as one don't like the Republican party or our President. I certainly won't vote for Bush again. I feel very misinformed about the reasons for this war. I have several friends sitting in Bahgdad right now, and no idea why they are there.

8. SabanFan

Good luck finding someone to vote for.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I know. Maybe I'll get lucky and McCaine will run as a third party candidate.

10. SabanFan

If they did that, there would be no basis for criticism of Bush and that's their whole agenda. The Dems are happy as all get out that Saddam is out of power and if they could spin it to where the credit was theirs they would try and make you believe that Saddam was creating WMDs out of sand. The glory goes to George W., however, and that is not acceptable. So, the unsubstantiated slander goes on ad nauseum. Fortunately for most Americans, however, nobody is buying their bill of goods.