Buddy Diliberto dies - apparent heart attack

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Jan 7, 2005.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Should they put BD up in the rafters next to JF and PP and AM? I use to like his half time report. I remember when he was a sports anchor man. I guess he had 1 to many dominoes peteza's. I bet had the jets made that FG he would some how still be here. So long breaux. :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I only recently heard Buddy since I stared working at the airport several years back. I liked his style and he was a true fan at heart. He will be missed. A New Orleans legend...

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I too liked it when he called somebody a squirrel.
    I use to listen to him when commuting from LSU to New Orleans NASA facility while I was interning down there. I would listen to Walton and Johnson in the mornings and catch Buddy D in the afternoons. Those were the good ole days.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I like this idea, but he was not officially part of the Saint organization, plus he was so critical of Benson and Saints management in general, that I doubt it will happen.

5. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

He was banned by John Meacom (?sp) from the Saints airplane for life plus ten years. Gotta like that!

6. JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS

JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS Founding Member

Awesome guy to listen to. Condolences to his entire family. He will be missed greatly by all of America. Definitely one of a kind. May God be with his family during this difficult time.:usaflagwa :laflagwav

7. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

See ya Buddy

:bncry: :bncry: :bncry: Wow, I hate hearing about Buddy. Listening to him on 870 at night was a real pleasure. Living in E. TN, 870 is my only link to actually hear any Tiger or Saints talk in the evening. Otherwise, it is all UGA, UK and worst of all UT 24/7. He will be missed.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I enjoyed Buddy D at times. He obiously knew his Saints. But, after a while I could not take his voice. I may not have the best voice, but Buddy was just nails on chalk board bad. I could never understand what the hell he was saying. I always thought to myself, his mic must have loads of spit on it. It was like he was eating marbles. But, he was an icon in NO. He was someone forever linked to the saints. I have one of his saints books.

9. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Last year he was also banned from having Saints players on his show because he was "encouraging" season ticket holders not to renew becuase changes weren't being made to in the organization to warrant them. Think the ban may have been lifted, but not sure.

Doubt he'd be put up as a banner in the dome, but I'm sure they'll do something in his honor. Maybe a little statue of a squirrel with a bag on it's head somewhere outside the dome?

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Until reading this and seeing a news story earlier, I never knew he had started the baghead thing with the Saints.

I've always told friends that if the Saints ever make the super bowl, I am going.... with a bag on my head.