Brown Pepper: Weekend Series Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Thanks much, but you deserve credit for the "color" you provided.

1 person likes this.
  2. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

Thanks for the updates they are very much appreciated. Any word on who's pitching tomorrow?

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, I like the color role :) I remember I've gotten on you during football season over the years at least a few times cuz of how negative you get, but seriously, you are a shining example of a fan when it comes to LSU baseball. Huge heroic effort by you doing all those play-by-plays since I've been here on TF in all the LSU baseball threads... even though the case is often that nobody shows up in the baseball threads to post about the game, to thank you or anything.... ghost town stuff. During all that time, I was thinking, great job on your part (while I went to go post about LSU baseball elsewhere where people actually posted in the LSU baseball threads). And yeah, doing those play-by-plays isn't easy work... especially breaking it down by the pitch like you do. I owe you some beer some day. If you still like to go to the bar every now and then, let me know if you are in my neck of the woods and I will take you out and buy all your drinks while we catch an LSU game (or Saints, Hornets, Zephyrs or USA game) together (assuming you are cool with pitchers of beer at my local bar). And yeah, you can bitch all you want if it's a LSU football game. Doesn't bother me as much in person, some of my best friends are like that :)

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Thanks guys. Living pbp's vicariously through the internet is about as lame as it gets but when that is all that you can get, you appreciate the little things a bit more.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Admirable, but not on the level of:
    --Tejas -- 33 CWS appearances (6 National Championships)
    --Miami -- 23 CWS appearances (4 National Championships)
    --Southern California -- 21 CWS appearances (12 National Championships)
    --Arizona State -- 21 CWS appearances (5 National Championships)
    --Oklahoma State -- 19 CWS appearances (1 National Championship)
    --Florida State -- 19 CWS appearances (zero National Championships)
    --Cal State Fullerton -- 16 CWS appearances (4 National Championships)
    --Stanford -- 16 CWS appearances (2 National Championships)
    --LSU -- 15 CWS appearances (6 National Championships)
    --Arizona -- 14 CWS appearances (3 National Championships)
    --Clemson -- 11 CWS appearances (zero National Championships)

[​IMG]

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Speaking of these Western schools, this is what they have to compete with regarding Pepperdine now:

First of all, Pepperdine's was ranked #1 "Most Beautiful Campus" in 2006 and 2007 by The Princeton Review.

Hard to imagine why:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Third, Pepperdine is in gorgeous Malibu, home to the rich and famous... just 30 miles west of Hollywood (USC and UCLA are each 10 miles from Hollywood)... and a lot of the stars have decided to live in beautiful Malibu... including Frank Sinatra, Johnny Carson, David Letterman, Dick Clark, Steven Spielberg, Anthony Hopkins, Bill Murray, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, Tom Hanks, Eddie Van Halen, Bruce Willis, Demi Moore, Eddie Murphy, Kate Hudson, Mel Gibson, Cher, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Danny DeVito, Sylvester Stallone, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Suzanne Somers, Whoopi Goldberg, Barbra Streisand, Robert Downey Jr., Leonardo DiCaprio, Jim Carrey, Halle Barry, Jennifer Anistion, Pamela Anderson, Pierce Brosnan (James Bond), Martin Sheen, Sean Penn, Paris Hilton, etc. etc. etc.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Cute video of Pamela Anderson at Pepperdine's baseball stadium with one of her sons (her two sons are ballboys for the Pepperdine team)...
    http://www.cstv.com/goingyard/2007/05/02/

She talks about how she has the team over to her nearby mansion for BBQs, how she called the MLB Pirates to try to get them to draft one of the Pepperdine players (they didn't, but she tried), etc. At the end, they have a Pepperdine pitcher on camera talking about how a baseball recruit came out to visit, saw Pam Anderson, so he had to get a picture with her to show his friends back home... and he ended up coming to Pepperdine, because "it is hard not to," as the Pepperdine player telling the story put it. The Pepperdine coach talks about how she is "amazing" and "helpful to the program." In part of the video at the end, Pam Anderson's son is giving her a hard time like a lot of boys do that age do to their moms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pic of Pam with, I assume, her two boys at a Pepperdine home basketball game:
    http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0219/ncb_g_anderson_600.jpg

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

These two held the LSU offense to their 2nd-lowest run total of the season so far....
    --25 (Centenary)
    --13 (Brown)
    --10 (William and Mary)
    --9 (William and Mary)
    --8 (Pepperdine)
    --7 (William and Mary)
    --5 (Centenary)
    --4 (Centenary)
    --3 (Pepperdine)
    --2 (McNeese)