Brisket -- HELP

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by NoLimitMD, Nov 20, 2007.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

MD did such a bang up job he now owns the official TF grill apron. :cool: I personally believe grilling the night before and back in the fridge will not work. Reason is I suspect the charred crusted barrier created on the grill will be lost to absorbing the inner mass fluids thus taking down that barrier. You see when you grill or char grill the effect is no different then baking a fish inside a mound of salt. Take that same mound of salt and spray fluids all over it and you have mush instead of a thin crust which is your goal when char grilling. I could be wrong but I am sure MD can clarify being the holder of the TF apron! :thumb:

2. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

If you run (2) 13 mile races you haven't ran a marathon. It is a "process" that you can't stop. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Good heavens, that fish analogy is good. I wouldn't have come up with that one!

I don't think it would work to grill either. Besides the above reasons, you're trying to smoothly get your internal temperature up in a uniform manner (after the initial searing.) The searing is only going to partially cook the meat and it would then drop to <50 degrees in the fridge. Recooking it will make (at least) the outer portion kind of rubbery OR if you cook it long enough, it could burn more easily I suspect.

Like Deceks said, two 13 mile runs don't equal a marathon. These things are big-time commitments, which I wish they weren't because I want to make another one soon. Don't have a free day until New Year's Eve, I think.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Well I'll have to go with option B...work from home Friday.

Thanks for the tips.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Always choose that option, even if a brisket is not involved.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I do work from home sometimes but I actually prefer the office most of the time. I find I'm more efficient there and I like human interaction.