Brian Kelly impressions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Perple, Nov 27, 2022.

1. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

All you do is post the same old shit post after post after post. Also your posts reflect your lack of knowledge about college football. Did you ever play a down of organized football or did you play flute in the band?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Your knee-jerk reactions to any criticism over an LSU coach is too emotional. You need to take a step back and realize that not every post about a shitty showing isn’t meant to be a sky is falling post. We made the best season we could out of what we had, but a pitiful showing against A&M knocked us out of the glimmer of hope of a playoff spot. Get off your high horse and realize that it’s a thing that happened and some people are disappointed in it. Honestly, that’s what a message board is for.

If I say I don’t like a flavor of ice cream, that doesn’t mean I hate cows. You’re too over the top.

Hou-duco, StaceyO and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  3. BornOnTheBayou

Great post. Unfortunately it will go over his head at Mach 3 at 100,000'

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Fire BK; honestly, Saban isn’t a good enough replacement. We need someone better.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Copied this from Danydon this morning. This sums up what Kelly accomplished his first and what he inherited. Remarkable in my opinion.

* Took a team that had only 38 scholarship players available for last year’s bowl game and immediately went to work on fortifying the roster and changing the culture.

* Filled several holes via the transfer portal and signed the No. 3 transfer class in the country. That class of transfers include seven players who have become everyday starters.

* Signed 15 high school players, including Harold Perkins, who he flipped to LSU just before Signing Day, and ended with the No. 7 overall recruiting class (High School and Transfers) in the nation. Of course, the previous staff deserves a lot of credit for this too.

* Also hit the ground running with recruiting for future classes. LSU’s 2023 class currently ranks 5th in the nation and the 2024 class is No. 1.

* None of his players have been arrested (that we know of) and injuries have been way down.

* His Tigers won nine regular season games — nearly twice as many as LSU won in 2020 (5) and 2021 (5).

* The nine regular season wins include road victories at Auburn and Florida, making Kelly the first LSU head coach to defeat those two teams on the road in the same season. Kelly followed that Florida win with consecutive top-10 wins against Ole Miss and Alabama.

* The Alabama win is mentioned in the bullet above, but it’s worth mentioning again. It was the first win over Bama in Tiger Stadium since 2010 and easily one of the most satisfying games in the rich history of LSU football.

* The Alabama victory paved the way for LSU to win the SEC West for just the second time since 2011. That makes Kelly one of only three SEC coaches (along with Les Miles in 2005 and Jim McElwain in 2015) to take their team to the league’s title game in their first season in the conference.

* Kelly now has the Tigers playing in the SEC Championship this Saturday, which makes LSU one of just three teams to ever reach the SEC title game a year after finishing last in its division.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Priceless

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I post the "same old shit" because the "same old shit" is posted here every freaking game every freaking year. Always starts with the "same old shit" about poor play calling. We should should have called this or should have called that. We should be playing Nuss or Howard. Then it goes to the OC needs to be replaced then maybe the DC, then finally the HC. Here we are this year and Kelly is now in the cross hairs. You and a few others here wouldn't know good football if it whacked you upside the head. YOU POST THE SAME OLD SHIT so expect the "same old shit" from me. Did I play? Played in junior high, high school and as a walk on at USL in 72 and 73. Was asked in the Spring of 1974 to come back and be part of the team but declined to save my body for snow skiing. I am now an upper level expert skier and glad I left football. I don't need my background in organized football to see that Kelly has accomplished as much as possible with the hand he was dealt. Plain everyday common sense can tell me that. Ben Franklin once said "common sense is not that common" and man he was right.

How was your flute playing in the band?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    Chipeace likes this.
  9. BornOnTheBayou

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Priceless for his simpleton thinking. "Same old shit" post tends to get the "same old shit" response.