Brian Kelly impressions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Perple, Nov 27, 2022.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was skeptical about the Brian Kelly hire, but was willing to wait and see.

I am now pleased with the job Kelly has done. And comparisons to Saban being an exception as an old coach? Please...he is one of the all-time greatest, but his age IS showing, and he has looked...tired...all season.

I think Kelly has the ten years in him, and then, yes, it would be ideal to have a younger coach. Of course, I am also tired of having 80-year-old Presidents (in office...or as candidates).

So football coaches who should be kicked back on the beach, instead of dealing with a high pressure career fall into that category for me, as well. But then again, I will be 53 when I (happily) retire next year.

2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Next time we have a coaching change, we need a pinned post where everyone can pick their coach and we can reference after a couple seasons. I have a feeling that we will see more failures than home runs.

3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I think he is the guy. No one was expecting the year we had. We are still a bad team making bad decisions. Our tackling was crap last night, our DB were a step off, and our lines were pushed around. Year one and we are SEC West champs regardless of our loss record. That means a lot of other teams have a worse record than us. I think we did better than expected and a 10 win season is still in the cards.....something to build on for next year. As far as CEO types the last two won NC with that exact approach but was not as good as Kelly when it comes to X and O's. I think we are in good hands. Those ready for a change need to slow down and not react to what many of us were not expecting anyway. I thought 7 was our ceiling at the start of the year and dropped it to 5 after the first few weeks. These kids are learning and we are not deep at any position when compared to the teams we finished ahead of.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I also think that Kelly is the guy. He is running a system. The system will show success. It has already started to show success. Clearly, we have inferior talent than some of the other teams in the SECw, but Kelly got them to the SECCG. What Kelly is going to have adjust for is that the SEC is super tough, and the SECw continues to be super competitive. You have to win these games against 4-7 teams, I don’t care what the “excuses” may be. I am still beyond pissed with yesterday’s game, but my better side says to wait and see how these games play out with better talent on the roster.

northernvatiger, Pjoe and StaceyO like this.
  5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Miles was 7-0 against Aggies.

That's a far cry from Arcane breaking A&M's rushing record against LSU last night. Matt House was not home for our Defense.

But it's all OK today.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Guess I was wrong, thinking some LSU Fans would dare to question our coaching staff after losing out on a potential Playoff bid. And to those 5-7 Aggies.

All is better today, like nothing happened last night.

My mistake, BK is da man! He'll be here another 10-11 years. After all, he won the SEC West in year 1 with 3 losses. No other LSU coach ever achieved that at LSU, especially in year 1. Or did they? Hmm.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

No you da man. We should all listen to you and ignore all the facts of this year's team. Been a horrible year. CBK is a horrible coach, he accomplished nothing. You are right we should,d be 12-0 and then 13-0 then 15-0.

I see the light now, thanks for your astute observations.

Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

The Facts? Are you speaking of ST. Kelly & his 9-3 team? You're on the verge of blasphemy.
    Didn't you know he's the only man for the job at LSU? He's a fricking Saint!

We should be grateful for the blowout loss at A&M. Forever rebuilding you know. As the Carholics here will tell you, it's always better to be humble & give more to those in need, like Texas A&M. St. Kelly gave & gave until it hurt last night. Brings tears to my eyes. The sacrifices he made for their fans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

^^^^
    what do you want us to do? get our pitchforks together, light our torches, and march on Kelly’s lakefront home?

these “if you’re not mad as me, you’re not fan as me” posts are getting old…

Winston1 and LSUTiga like this.
  10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Great idea. But I hope that a long time goes by before we have a HC change. So long it fact that we all forget about your suggestion.

TigerSnarl and lsu-i-like like this.