Bregman vs LeMahieu ALCS series

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Oct 12, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Tragic stats of the series.

The top three relief pitchers for the Astros went just under 30 innings giving up only 5 runs until last night.

Last night 1 2/3 IP, 4 runs plus allowing another inherited runner to score, they had only allowed 1 of those through the first 6 games.

I understand questioning Greinke being pulled, but after 6 innings I was thinking we should just go with Smith, Harris and Osuna to close it out. It's not like Greinke is a power pitcher blowing batters away ala Gerrit had Cole. They had seen him twice through the lineup and my fear with the heart of the order coming up that they would finally get to him. I wanted our best relievers in a no out nobody on start of the inning situation.

My fears were realized with Greinke finally throwing a crushable pitch. And at that point to make matters worse our bullpen has to be ready to come in, but sadly he was allowed to walk the next batter. Huge mistake.

My thought process was you're up 2-0 and this bullpen trio has been magnificent all year long, certainly they can go three innings and not give up more than one run.

Tragically the narrative that was missed was Zach Greinke pitches six shutout innings leading the Astros to the world series title, is named MVP. It was all there. In your grasp.

who didn't want to see Zack Greinke celebrating a world series title and what that would have looked like?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The original KOD never dies.

shane0911 likes this.