Brees done did it

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jun 3, 2020.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yup

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

All this Trump has tried to do you eloquent idiot. Record employment for blacks and everyone else. It was your boy Obama who talked about about a "new normal" of higher unemployment and lower GDP. There's your low expectations. Guess Trump had that "magic wand" Obama told us Trump would need to bring the economy back.

Take a look at this inspiring speech by the most anti American president in our history if you don't like "low expectations" as you say you do.

You have been, are and I guess will always be the eloquent fool you are.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Kiki you ignorent buffoon. When I said the government I wasn't knocking Trump but the government structure that has been prevalent for the last 50 years, from presidents, congresspeople, appointed officials all the way down to bureaucracy of both federal and state governments.

If you are as quick to pull the trigger in bed as you are here you shouldn't be surprised that your wife is always seeking the company of strange men. And maybe women too.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@APPTiger and @Bengal B we agree on the current state of things. Probably on the consequences of not changing. My question was and is what can change things? To do nothing is to damn too many and our future to poverty and ignorance. They are breeding/being bred faster than those of us who will have to pay taxes and support them. If you look at the projected fiscal impact the state and federal budgets will be consumed by social services and debt service. There will be little left for the necessary functions of government. Look at the trends and demographics it’s pretty scary.
    At 68+ I and those of us in that age range will likely not see the worst but our children and grandchildren will reap the whirlwind. There will be fewer places of refuge and fewer who can afford to continue as we do today.
    I assume you don’t want that so I ask again
    WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is nothing I can do but vote for the lesser evil.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ny-jets-burgess-ownes-addresses-social-unrest-george-floyd

“We don't have a black problem. We don't have a white problem. We have an empathy problem. That officer did not see George Floyd as a person, he didn't care who he was inside. It never crossed his mind to think of what it's like to be in his shoes,” Burgess wrote on Facebook.

“We have officers being killed across our country, spit on [and] shouted at by groups that don't see them as people. They don't wonder if they're good or bad, or what their heart is like.

“We don't need more acts of Congress, we need more acts of kindness. We need to start seeing people from the inside out, and not the outside in. We must have compassion, not just for those close to us, but for the strangers on the street.”

I agree with him too bad he will just be labeled an uncle tom.

furduknfish and Winston1 like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Chauvin and Floyd knew each other. Maybe Chauvin saw him as a person and that's why he wanted to kill him. Not a lot has been said about that but Chauvin had a second home in an area that he shouldn't have been able to afford on a cop's salary. And his wife. I'm thinking she had some role in all of this. Enquiring minds want to know.

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Whatever their specific situation was is not relevant this ceased being about floyd long ago.
    But Burgess' comments are right if we have empathy for other humans and try to understand their side of the story then we dont end up in in a big pile of shit.
    If just one of the other 3 policemen that day had stopped Chauvin we would not be here today discussing riots.

furduknfish and Winston1 like this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No you can do much more. Change begins at the local level. Advocate for a better and more responsible education system and police department. Push for responsible local government where you actually have a voice. As @e1005639 says perform acts of kindness. Remember it’s do unto others as you would have them do unto you NOT do unto others as they have done to you.
    Just voting for the lesser evil is not much different than doing nothing. Why do you think I try to make my points? I despise the left and see them as a threat long term. Reaction like Trump is pushing has two faults. First it’s proving ineffective in building a anti leftist coalition. Second I see him as a short term threat to the very conservative and constitutional institutions we treasure.

tzanghi likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It is what it is. I'm no social activist or community organizer. I just want to live my life on my own terms.

I did a act of kindness just last week. I didn't beat the shit out of a guy who gave me excuses instead of the money he owes me.

And I donated to the NRA.