Brees done did it

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jun 3, 2020.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

We can reintroduce ACCOUNTABILITY. I am all for giving the low man a hand up. But we give people a handout. Granted, there are people who need a handout. The mentally ill, truly disabled, and others who do not have the ability to provide a sufficient living. We need programs that fund improvement, not dependence. Tie handouts to job training and placement. If a guy or gal doesn’t have a high school diploma, your assistance is tied to your attendance and success in getting a GED. If you have a high school diploma and no skill, your assistance is tied to trade school or college. If you screw up and decide to work the system, and not show up, and willfully show no progress, your funding is cut off, and you can go work at a burger joint, and your complaints about low pay will be ignored.

Controversial, but I also think all women on Government assistance MUST be on compliance free, long term birth control until age 25.. IUD, implants and shots are over 99% effective because they do not depend on any action on the part of the patient. The goal is to delay reproduction until they are more mature, prevent teen pregnancy which breeds poverty, and to give their kids a fighting chance.

Lastly, Since I work in mental health, another thing is we need to assign a guidance counselor to a lot of these people to track their progress and help them develop. A lot of people come from bad environments and just do not learn the values and skills needed to succeed. That would be another way of assessing if you are earning your assistance.

Winston1 and APPTiger like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Bengal my bad responded to the wrong post was meant for Winston, my apologies. Posted early while trying to keep up with the storm. Now that I have apologized for this oblivious mistake (you can't believe my post was meant for you I know where you stand politically) then maybe you should apologize for bringing my wife into this. Let's see if you can admit you made a mistake too.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I am going to deprogram my grand kids. Fortunately most of them don't need it. I am also going to vote for the less evil party in the next election. Possibly a straight ticket for the first time in my life. The Democrats have largely controlled and created the need to overcome that "your not good enough" mentality you were talking about. Identity politics is a cancer. Things were getting better for all under Trump. I don't like a lot of his methods but he is getting the job done in spite of all the made up bullshit.

4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

....Second I see him as a short term threat to the very conservative and constitutional institutions we treasure.[/QUOTE]

But you didn't see that with OBAMA?????????

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm sorry you can't satisfy your wife :D

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@APPTiger absolutely we need to reintroduce accountability and strongly adhere to it. Refusal to take responsibility for one’s actions is a curse on our society that is destructive. It’s also pervasive and infects every strata and political group left and right.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I make yours happy though, LOL. Should have known you wouldn't cut me any slack. Made these posting mistakes before it's hell getting old.

Bengal B likes this.