Brees Admits Recruiting LT to N.O.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Mar 9, 2009.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

That's a little closer to reality. That trade might actually be tilted in the Saints favor.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

No way the Chargers would give up that much

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Dunno, Chargers gave up a 3rd round to get Hester which very well may be why they wouldn't give a pick with LT.

I fully believe though that the Chargers are in fact holding the door open for LT to leave. They placed a franchise tag on Sproles :huh: and now require LT to take less. That is not an invitation to stay. I expect at best LT is gonna geaux as far as to negotiate guaranteed incentives but outside of that, I see a lot of boxes getting filled in his future. He has two viable years as a feature back. He may be a step off but that is still better then 70% of the backs in the league.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The Chargers would never give up that much, even if LT is (soon to be) washed up. They just payed Sproles anyways.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Sproles just got married. His new wife is a receptionist where I work. From the looks of the fatty on her finger, they may have given him the check already.

She is now, a happy woman.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Well in some ways this reminds me a little of last year when we gave up two picks for Shockey. There were questions about his durability, attitude, and longevity yet we still gave up what seemed like quite a bit.

If the Chargers say no, then fine. I wouldn't give anything more (or take any less) as the Saints will still need a long term answer in the backfield. I'm not a huge LT fan and think his rage was out of line when he "blew up". Even so, I believe the Saints would have a better chance of making the Superbowl with LT than Bush this year.

7. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Seriously? I find this really hard to believe. This would be a perfect opportunity for the Saints to get rid of Reggie Bush. They can't flat out drop him because the fan base is in love with him...so we are stuck with him until we can get rid of him in some sort of trade. Unfortunately, I don't think the Chargers are dumb enough to make this kind of move.

In LT's injury ridden year, he still played a lot more than the "younger & healthier" Bust. Bush's only real value is as a 3rd down back / receiver.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I would love to have LT....and that is in the face of what I think Thomas could do given the opp.

Bush needs to be resigned to the fact that he is Devin Hesterish and just return kickoffs and punts plan and simple.

And Brees does have the stroke to make this happen if SD is indeed ready to part ways with LT!!!!

9. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

With talks in 'final stages,' signs point to LT staying

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/09/n88344201255-lt-talks-ongoing/?chargers

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

payed?

lol