Breaking news: Trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 15, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trumps disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

OK, folks.... let's see just how true all that outrage over Hillary Clinton sharing classified information to unauthorized persons was. Not that she did... but if so, it was, at least, to Americans who were not intent on hurting this country. Can we say the same about the RUSSIANS, who actually sabotaged our democracy by hacking our election?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.570a41e17e74

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

"For almost anyone in government, discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law."

“The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed, and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

read your own article, come back when you have something that will stick then i will be the first to side with you against trump....

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Did you miss this part?:

"Trumps
    disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State."

Yours is the response I expected, though. For years upon years Russia was our foe, and now it's suddenly permissible among Republicans to not only be giving them our intelligence secrets but to even favor them over our own allies. I guess everything Trump did or does with Russia is A-OK because they helped put a Republican in the White House, right?

Serious question: how do you think Ronald Reagan would feel about an American president being a Russian dictator's puppet?

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yeah this one is bad

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

He would hate it so would I, show me where that has happened.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I really do not side with most of this stuff because I am convinced that any and most near every American in a position of political representation is a fucking crook, but in this instance and the manner it is being carried out, I'll ask, isn't the cold war over? One would believe otherwise reading this nonsense. Somehow I am also missing the proof that Comrad, in fact, had a determining factor in who was elected.

I read both sides with limited judgement, but this thread has me leaning towards a smoldering pile of bull shit.

KyleK, el005639, COTiger and 2 others like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

eird-al-yankovic-tin-foil-hat-160x160-1.jpg
    Tinfoil Hats for all of ya!

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

The details that Trump gave to Russia could expose the source of the information and the manner in which it was collected, according to a current and a former American government official. That means that Trump played with the lives of intelligence agents, both our own and those of our ally who supplied the information.

This is doubly bad because not only does it jeopardize their lives and their methods, it undermines the trust our ally placed in us, will make future intelligence sharing between us all the more difficult, and will weaken our fight against ISIS. The ally from which we got the intelligence has repeatedly warned American officials that it would cut off access to such sensitive information if it were shared too widely, said the former official.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Putin and comrades have been actively trying to undermine democracies all over the world.... here, France, Britain, you name it. The Cold War never really ended.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Can you point to what the Russians did to make you not vote for HRC? Because by all accounts you still voted for her.

KyleK likes this.