Breaking news: Rosenstein stood up for his country!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 17, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So what are you going to do at Fenway? Sit in the stands and watch the grass grow?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Just walking through the stadium, checking it out.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

its not that i liked or dislike obama or that i think trump is good or bad is that not a damn thing negative was ever said about obama and now the exact opposite is occurring. it is obvious to anyone willing to look at it with an open mind.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When Rex tried to open his mind what was left of his brains spilled out.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You're joking, right?

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The press has completely re-defined itself over the past 30 or so years. The press once tried to live up to the standards of being an unbiased voice of the people. Sure, papers and TV stations "editorialized", but it was in a specific section of the paper or segment of the news program. The change began with Woodward and Bernstein. Suddenly you had an influx of "reporters" who forgot what that word means. Broadcast Journalism became the single most popular college major in the early '80s, and the programs were full of kids who thought TV News was where you went to "make a difference." No longer content to just "report" the story, they wanted to be the story. Those students are today's Managing Editors and Executive Producers. The advent of the 24-hour news cycle made matters worse. The lines between unbiased reporting and editorializing became very blurred, to the point where they now barely exist. Fox's motto - "we report, you decide", should be the motto of every real news outlet. Now the emphasis is more on influencing opinions. That's not how its supposed to be.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I cannot disagree with anything you've said here with the exception of the insinuation that FOX news isn't biased. My point is that because we have biased press and because FOX would love nothing more than to run 24-7 on some Democrat's scandal and vice versa at MSNBC, we actually do have a good amount of accountability.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think hes saying their motto not them. They all are.

9. Tiger in NC

FOX was never kind to Obama, much less the alternative sites like Breitbart and The Blaze. Obama also didn't taunt the press with 5 a.m. tweets or call them fake when the news wasn't favorable to him. Like I said before, Trump has brought the vast majority of this shit on himself. Had he acted more Presidential when he was elected and not made so many outrageous claims then he might have a better working relationship with the press. But blaming the press for every little thing that goes wrong is a lot like a fifth grader blaming his shoes for losing a foot race. It's just stupid. Every President has had to deal with the Press and Trump is no exception.

mctiger likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

Yeah, I wondered about that too. If so, I stand corrected. Other than that he's spot on though. The 24 hour news cycle has been terrible for our politics. I wish we could go back to the days of just watching local and national network news every evening about 5 or 6 instead of being inundated with it all day every day.