Boutte's pouting is getting old real fast

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Sep 5, 2022.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Still feel like Boutte is soft and spoiled by money. I’ll take whatever he can contribute. Think he could do some damage on end-around or screens, he’s pretty fast.

gynojunkie likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I just don't get this! He caught a ball and got drilled sat night and held on (don't remember if it was a 1st down or not) but he got lit up. He went to the sidelines right away because I knew that shit hurt. He was right back out there a few plays later.

You guys do know that Boutte isn't calling the plays right? He also doesn't throw the ball to himself. He is out there making the plays when he has the chance.

rockwallfan, mancha, Hou-duco and 3 others like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Thank you! I don't know what was going on at the beginning of the year, but you could say that about a great deal of the team. Sometimes it takes awhile to get everyone on the same page with a new staff, and our circumstances with all the transfers made it even more difficult. Whatever the case, everyone's in sync now, including Boutte, and CBK and co. have nothing but good things to say about him. Good enough for me.

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

At the beginning of the year we had a coaching staff that probably NEVER had the depth at WR that LSU usually has year in and year out. For the players, it was a brand new system.

I can understand that Boutte was expecting to pick up where he left off the previous year and might have been frustrated at not being able to do so. If we hadn't changed HCs and entire staffs, he probably could have. The downside to that would be that we'd probably 5-4 right now.

I can also understand that CBK could have felt a need to establish lines of authority between the coaches and the players.

I think Boutte is ecstatic right now where the team is and is eager to show what he can do. He knows that LSU is getting WAY more attention now than we were 4 or 5 weeks ago. He also knows the staff wants to put him in a position to succeed.

Hou-duco and Winston1 like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

Just an observation. Maybe I’m wrong.

6. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

On that we can agree.

shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

All-American season he is not having.

8. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Dude had a kid at the beginning of the season. Almost everyone is a head case around that time. You might not remember it, but you were.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I was agreeing with you when you said you could be wrong.

10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

But maybe we can ALL agree that at this point in the season with the way the team has grown and developed, that it is time to end this thread.

Herb, Winston1, KevinWS and 1 other person like this.