Boutte says he doesn't talk to OC much! WTF?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Aug 6, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

To me, that isn't a good sign. First, he admits that he seriously thought about leaving LSU and then states that he doesn't talk the OC very much. WTF? How does a star player not to talk to your new OC much and expect to be on the same page? I hope Boutte has an incredible year, but he has to earn back my respect. This kid comes across as a primadonna and needs his ego checked! I was shocked LSU awarded him the No. 7 jersey because I thought that honor was given to a player who had earned it on/off the field and demonstrated leadership, which threatening to leave your team just a few months earlier doesn't meet that standard. Something about this kid rubs me the wrong way!

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Don’t love it from Boutte, but like that BK isn’t rolling over for a star player. Also like that BK hasn’t cut bait and they are still trying to work together.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I’ve never been his biggest fan. He always seems so bothered to be there, but I thought he seemed better, more engaging in the interview you’re referencing. I’m not sure it’s all that alarming that he hasn’t talked to the OC that much, especially considering this interview occurred after his very first practice under that OC. Kayshon is going to spend most of his time with Hankton and Denbrock with the TEs.

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

He sees what Stingley did in his very shirt career here, and he's planning on going the same route. I don't expect to see him in any Bowl game. He's counting on being drafted on "projected NFL talent". Sadly he's right.

"The Stingley model"

I'd like to see us recruit a different type of talented athelete. dedicated & hard working types. But I'm not sure those even exist anymore. "Fuck you - Pay me" seems to be becoming the norm with today's atheletes.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    HalloweenRun and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You hit the nail on the head! Maybe we could get CBK to allow those players with that "Fuck You - Pay me" attitude to each spend 10 minutes alone with Devin White in locked room with no cameras or audio for a little attitude adjustment! Hell, I'll even start a GoFundMe account and I have a feeling most LSU fans would gladly contribute to help offset DW's time away from the Bucs. After thinking about it, I think DW might do it for free because he loves LSU so much!

HalloweenRun and Perple like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think Devin White would have had the same attitude if NIL had been around when he played.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I'm sure DW was getting paid very well during his time at LSU, but the difference is, he never let his money/ego overtake his love for LSU!

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Devon white loved the game. Not getting that from Boutte, maybe BK can pull it out of him.

Perple likes this.
  9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Devin is a once in a lifetime player. We may never see another player at LSU with his passion and drive to represent LSU and lay everything on the line every play! Too many players these days are primadonnas and don't have the drive and work ethic DW showcased every Saturday. DW was self-motivated to get better every day. DW is a legend!

Perple and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

A
    I know what you mean.

Boutte has pretty damn good speed that can mask other flaws in his game. But hoping he's dedicated himself this season to being the very best. This is his money year, so I think he'll put up a some big numbers.

lsu-i-like likes this.