Bottled Water

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Neither do I but a hell of a lot of people in Baton Rouge buy bottled water. Baton Rouge water is among the purest in the USA.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Kentwood water is pumped from the same aquifer as BR tap water. I have a filter on my faucet to catch any rust or dust from the pipes, but the water tastes great.

I just wish it would take off the soap. Showering in a town with hard water is very refreshing to me.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have seen the Kentwood plant off I-12. Technically, they could be bottling tap water there and it would still be from the same aquifer

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Bottled water is a scam yes and no. It's mostly a convenience for most not an issue for a buck fifty a pop. And it beats the alternative since you can't drink beer at the office.

I drink the fuck out of diet Dr peppers and those can't be great but much more enjoyable than water for me.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I drink filtered water because the straight shit... well, fish fuck in it. I simply cannot knowingly drink fish fuck.

Just the same, I love my water and once you strip all of the mandatory additives, it taste fantastic. Bottled water doesn't even come close.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we dont drink straight out the bayou homeboy. most potable water has some sort of filtration ya know. and im pretty sure fish fuck is a delicacy in japan.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Come get you a sip of the shit our pipes deliver and you might agree the bayou is the preferred flavor. Out here, filtration is a necessity with a science we embrace. My water is tip top. High alkalinity makes it better than any sport drink on the market.

My filter is Japanese, so it's funny you said that, cause any other way and you might have easily cast doubt.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I want to see that one on The Iron Chef.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

San Antonio is awful too. I buy bottled water there. I really only buy bottled water when I'm going to work out or need something for the road. At the house I drink out of the tap. And I love soft water. I hate taking showers in hard water. Funny how preferences can be so different.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

What in the hell is diet bottled water?