Bottled Water

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Aug 15, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I was filling up my truck one day and a lady next to me was doing the same. She was talking about how much gas costs. I told her," You know what costs more than gas per gallon?" She was drinking a bottled water, she had paid around $10 a gallon for bottled water.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I hate the way that bottled water is often your only option. When we were kids every gas station had a water fountain, usually chilled water. Free for the drinking. Water fountains are history at gas stations, so travelers have to buy bottled water.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

They will usually let you fill your own cup with water from the soda fountain. I do this on the reg.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I smell a tight-ass.

GregLSU and StaceyO like this.
  5. LSUsupaFan

Hey bra, I want to retire at 45.

LSUTiga and GregLSU like this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Well if you can smell it, then it's not that tight, amirite?

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. red55

All the early retirees that I know are tightwads.

8. LSUsupaFan

I am fiscally. Every dollar that comes into our home has a name and a purpose, and we don't deviate from that. We always budget for our entertainment activities, and the kids extras as well.

KyleK likes this.
  9. red55

I've never actually operated on a budget. But I've always inherently lived within my means and mostly have had enough to save and invest too. I know budgets are smart and probably essential when multiple people are involved. But I've never had the patience for them. I was raised by frugal people and it comes naturally. I use stuff until it breaks or wears out, I care nothing about being "fashionable", and I gain satisfaction from activities that are not terribly costly. It has enabled me to spend money whenever I care to because I trust my own judgement now. I never second-guess myself or fret over regrets. Its good to be the King.

GregLSU likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You sound like an adherent of the Dave Ramsey Financial Freedom philosophy. I wish I had heard about him years ago but like @red55 said I never have been one to stay on such a strict budget that every dollar had a name (Aren't they all named George?)

But Dude. lighten up just a little bit. In another post you said you were working 80 hours a week. You probably have your own business. I don't know of many employers who would allow somebody to work 80 hours and have to pay them for 40 hours of overtime. What good is it to have enough to retire at 45 if you have a massive coronary at 44? Your business won't go to hell if you take a few spontaneous hours off sometime just to take your kids fishing or whatever you like to do. Don't preplan it. Just Do It. You will feel better for it

GregLSU and StaceyO like this.