Republicans Boehner and GOP congress

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

The bullshit outrage from the same Democrats that claimed we were murdering innocent Iraqis in the "dark of night" and claiming the surge had failed, called the sitting President a war criminal are in the right on this one? It is laughable that now you want treason or charges or who knows what when someone doesn't accept your saviors' bs.

tirk, LSUpride123 and COTiger like this.
  2. Tiger Exile

It is not undermining when the Executive Branch could give two shits less about the Constitution and procedure and goes it alone by Executive Order. Bush at least had authority to conduct the two LEGAL wars, but hey 5 million illegals granted amnesty is no big deal right? Checks and balances do matter.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We are good at pointing fingers in this country. The establishment is fucked on both sides and both sides stink of shit.

kcal likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

that makes no fucking sense.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Reagan granted amnesty to a bunch of illegals, you gonna take his poster down off your wall now?

Also, are your ancestors American Indians? If not they probably came here from another country too. Why are you so hell bent on keeping Mexicans from being taxpayers? Bet you don't feel the same about Canadians or Italians or Irish.

By the way, what if I told you this administration has seen more illegals deported than any other. Those damned facts again.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well now, I was under the impression this was 1 or 2 or a handful of emails. It seems this is more like tens of thousands of them. How convenient that she gets to decide what she turns in as evidence and what she gets to delete.

Sadly this will turn into nothing, in reality it is another chapter in the long history of the Clinton's and their disrespect of the law and the country. It should keep her out of the white house but the public is just too stupid and dependant.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Tiger Exile

Reagan made a deal with the Democrats in Congress on the supposed one-time amnesty with the agreement to fix immigration which obviously didn't happen. My point was about bypassing Congress. Yes, I am part Native American as well as German-Irish and I never said I wanted Mexicans not to pay taxes you did and then implied I am a racist. My ancestors came here legally as well as a few of my Kenyan rugby buddies that waited in line six or seven years to become naturalized. They paid taxes the whole time they were waiting after they graduated from college and started work.
    Yes facts are important, especially when they are manipulated. http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...n-inflating-deportation-numbers-andrew-stiles

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is right. The Constitution puts foreign policy EXCLUSIVELY in the hands of the President. There is a reason for that. It is to prevent reckless, irresponsible partisan demagoguery in internal politics from undercutting and weakening the United States of America. The Logan Act specifically prohibits this and makes it a crime.

Never try to put words in my mouth. I have not mentioned Kerry or Pelosi. Congressmen of both parties have always traveled to foreign countries, they speak with foreign governments, they gather information, and sometimes make public statements. Sometimes they are unwise statements, sometimes they are partisan, but they don't rise to advising foreign governments that America will not honor a treaty and can't be trusted. If they do, then I would oppose them.

But 47 Congressmen writing an official letter to a foreign government intended to undercut an active negotiation and weaken American foreign policy is something quite different. It weakens and harms the country.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Executive orders are not unconstitutional. They have been used by every President since Washington and Obama has used it far less than most.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Not true. In fact, I think you are probably the most reasonable of the conservatives around here. That said, sometimes you say unrealistic things about the President that are obviously more rooted in emotion than rational thought. I do the same sometimes as it applies to the R's, so I am not slighting you personally. The fact is that the man has taken a lot of undue criticism. Every President gets their fair share of criticism that is completely fair and honest; Obama is no different. I agree with Red that his administration can be catty at times, even toward their own and he did indeed come to the office with a good deal of unrealistic expectations and snowy idealism. Some of that I admire about him, but I've also come to despise it at times when he needs to be less the professor and more the general.

red55 likes this.