Bobby April hired as Special Teams Coordinator

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Dec 15, 2016.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_c7cdd6fa-c2fc-11e6-92d8-7b8151345466.html

[​IMG]

NEXT UP
    [​IMG]
    LSU QB commit Myles Brennan reaffirms commitment after conference call with Matt Cana…

Report: Ed Orgeron picks longtime NFL coach Bobby April to lead LSU's special teams

[​IMG]

Buy Now
    • Advocate staff photo by HILARY SCHEINUK
    LSU head coach Ed Orgeron speaks to the media following a press conference to introduce Matt Canada as the Tigers' new offensive coordinator, Wednesday, December 14, 2016, at LSU in Baton Rouge, La.

Ross Dellenger

Bobby April, a longtime NFL coach from New Orleans, will be LSU's special teams coordinator, FootballScoop.com reported Thursday.

April, a 63-year old who has not coached in college since 1990, would replace Bradley Dale Peveto, who coach Ed Orgeron fired on his first day of having the permanent head coaching job on Nov. 26. April has served as a consultant for LSU's special teams this year.

The move comes, somewhat, as a surprise. Orgeron said Wednesday that he planned to wait after the bowl to hire a special teams coach.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

At this point he is just consulting the team through the Citrus Bowl. He has not been hired ful time yet.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Is he drawing a salary from somewhere that he would lose if he were hired this calendar year?

5. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Does it look like he will be full time? The article I read implies this is a temp thing and we will really search after the bowl

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Damn, he has really turned some idiotic tongue slips and miscues into a hell of a staff. Good job Coach O. Just fucking win now dude.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That was my thinking.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I have no clue. I think he'd be a good pick. Bobby April has been a long time ST coach in the NFL. Chalmette native...he would fit in with the culture for sure.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The salary thing might make sense. He was fired from the Titans this season, so it very well could be a case where he did not want to jeopardize the balance of his contract.

$TigerFan$ likes this.
  10. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Might be something with his Titans contract since he was let go this year. Might have to wait until after the first to keep salary this year. If he is as good as they say why would O look for someone else after the bowl, just hire him.

Beat me to it @Herb

Herb likes this.