Blue Angels In San Fran Bay Area This Weekend

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

That’s a very good point!

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I know you’re right... But I bet that’s a plus if you can

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Good grief pops. How many air to air battles did they have? Not very many. I think Iraqs air force consisted of a bunch of crows. The USAF A-10s were taking target practice in the gulf war.

I mean really, tanks all lined up in a row in the middle of a desert don't strike me as being tough to hit. That was JV type stuff.

And yeah falling feels like flying until you hit the ground. You better be able to land it. Good news for the air force is the runways are really wide and long with all sorts of lights and arrows and shit. Again, not real difficult.

Want real proof? Gi ask one of those fly boys who the best is. They will tell you.

4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

In the words of Hillary ….What difference does it make?...… They are all American heroes.

65Grad likes this.
  5. Bayou Tiger

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That tells me all I need to know.
    And if you think the A-10 is a fighter jet which this discussion is about then that confirms you are out of your league.

7. Bayou Tiger

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did I say the A-10 was a fighter jet? No, I didn't. That is what was flying all the hell over the gulf war shooting pos tanks that couldn't even move. We had air superiority from day 1 in gulf war.

Vietnam didn't have a lot going on in the friendly skies either. Maybe a mig here or there but mostly F4's dropping napalm or agent orange.

So let's get tough and talk the real men that fought those pesky japs over the Pacific. You know, the real pilots.

9. Bayou Tiger

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Misleading statistic. There were far more Air Force aircraft in service for both of those as well as Afghanistan. Air Force aircraft can initiate attack after leaving land bases which gives them far more capacity for numbers. Navy pilots are mostly coming from carriers....limited stock.

Air Force pilots are pretty much fixed on a single mission whereas Navy pilots have to prepare for multiple mission skills....air-to-air as well as bombing because Navy fighter jets are and have been used for bombing and marking.

I don't know about comparing the skills in this sense, but I've seen both air shows MANY times and the Blues are by far a better show. That said, my nephew is currently in Pensacola and he isn't learning how to fly an Air Force fighter. Go Navy!

shane0911 likes this.