blackberries

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Apr 25, 2016.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

my mom and dad both worked outside of the home and to make sure we were managed" during the summer our mom and dad made us pick a gallon of blackberries everyday.....everyday.......e..v..e..v..e..r..y..d..a..y......seemed like it took forever...damn i hate blackberries...

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Right at 2 gallons of berries to get 1.5 gallons of juice. 4 cups juice make 4-5 pints. Yea blackberries(these are actually mostly dewberries but most folks call em all blackberries) take longer to pick just bc of their spread out nature it took prob 2.5 hours to pick the 2 gallons but that's with me and the kids eating bout every 5th one

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  3. jvalhenson

as far as the males cooking def nothing wrong with that. I cook a lot and dont really worry much what anyone thinks about it ha. Just think about deer camp.....noone talks bad about the guy that takes a day out of hunting to make a big gumbo for the camp that night....thats about the most appreciated guy in the club.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Almost every coonass guy cooks. It would be weird if he didn't. Stereotypes continue.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

My comment was tongue-in-cheek but there is a difference between cooking (especially at the camp) and baking. I cook a lot too. Even bake sometimes. Just didn't picture jval, aka, Daniel Boone whipping up some pies.

Now you boys be sure to put up the dishes before you turn in.

tirk likes this.
  6. jvalhenson

Ha somehow I just ain't to worried about it. Bout to knock out another piece of it right now actually.

KyleK likes this.