......Black and Gold.... The App State thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Oct 24, 2019.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

that was awesome, App, somethings you just love to see, no matter how many times you've watched

the video I posted, led off with the greatest upset in college football history,..it was followed by, and I was surprised to see, Oregon's Kenny Wheaton score,.. I thought only Duck fans got the significance of that play

we call it, "the pick",.. it happened in 1994, it is the play that symbolizes us smashing our way out of Oregon football's dark ages

I was a first year student at UofO in 1975,.. After, a 5–0 home opening loss to San Jose State, the UO president told a reporter he'd "rather be whipped in a public square than sit through a game like that.",.. our coach was fired,.. we were a cannon fodder team, would play at Nebraska, lose 66-0, come home beat to shit with a big check,.. I went to a game that only had about 8k fans

Oregon State was always among the worst teams in the country,.. but had beaten us 12 out of 14 times,.. Rich Brooks was hired, he got off to a shaky start, with 4 two-win seasons in his first 6 years at Oregon,.. but his teams were better

the Ducks posted an 8–4 season in 1989, we had to buy our way in, but the Ducks were going bowling, the Independence Bowl– Oregon's first postseason appearance in 26 seasons,.. we had graduated from a perennial shitty team, into a dangerous team with little depth,.. and we had beat the beavers 12/13 years

but there was Washington, we'd only won 3 times in 20 seasons,.. there were some competitive games, because god how we hated those fuckers, but udub always seemed to pull it out and win in the end,.. it looked like it was going to happen again,.. the Ducks were leading 24-20 at home, but washington had driven the field, and was threatening to score with only seconds remaining,.. and then, "The Pick"

since 1995 that play is shown on our stadium big screen, the last thing seen before Harley/Duck leads the team onto the field,.. myself and, trust me, many other Oregon fans who saw it know, it's like that play was an epiphany, we saw our future,.. in our hearts we know, we'll be National Champions, since "the pick", we've had five great teams who mighta,.. it's only a matter of time, I'm thinking 2022 is the year of the Duck

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    APPTiger and kcal like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

bump

TigerTap, APPTiger and kcal like this.
  3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I'd call that a nice rump unmmm bump

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. APPTiger

[​IMG]
    Almost finished. Today we lost our Weak Forrest game. As compensation they promise to schedule us 3 more times. They said it would be their only sell out this year and why play it with no people, we'll sell it out another time. They could have just said "WE SKEERED"

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. APPTiger

New Orleans, LA - Sources within the Sun Belt Conference have confirmed that if the season is canceled they will ship the 2020 conference title trophy and championship rings to Appalachian State anyway since they already had them made.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

You may not have seen it, but ACC has 10 conference plus one non-conference game this year, but played in home state. Will be interesting to see Wake’s out of conference.

Stadium looks great. I was up there for a game back in early 70’s. My mind was on other things, but it did not look at all like that.

7. APPTiger

We were the only out of conference in state game for them this year. That's why we thought we had the game wrapped up. We lost to them in 2017 on a blocked field goal. Our seniors wanted revenge and they are not going to get it. They were supposed to play ODU in Va., speculation is now that cupcake will go to Wake instead.

Yep, late 70's was my time up there. It looked like a slightly larger high school stadium when I first arrived. The whole place has changed a lot since then.

8. GiantDuckFan

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

APPTiger and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. APPTiger