Bin Laden is dead!

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal Buddy, May 1, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What was that?

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

some dude pointed out some stupid coincidence as if it was meaningful or something, which it wasnt at all, and i said so, then i was mocked for not being interesting enough while calling out this stupid stupid meaningless coincidence.

in my defense, i was drunk as hell and may have been too severe with my initial criticism (when mass murderers are killed i like to drink in celebration). but yunno me i get irritated when people are grasping for ridiculous things to care about. i really cant imagine what possible significance i am supposed to glean from some corresponding but otherwise random dates that have zero to do with each other. it just seems impossibly stupid. its just like saying "hey i flipped a coin 2 heads in a row!". great, nice work retard, way to pay attention.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Because I took statistics I now know that this is a probability distribution. See red you were right, it does come in handy:D

4. SabanFan

Yes. I know. I was trying to be cute. The truthers are getting to you.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i was going to break the news to him but i enjoy the misplaced rants.

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Well somebody is a cranky Nelly....

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I can't believe I'm going to defend Obama, but here goes: the gutsy part comes from the fact that there was always the possibility that the intelligence was wrong. Had it been wrong, we would have been guilty of conducting a clandestine military operation inside a supposedly-friendly nation, and possibly committed a massacre of innocent civilians. Foreign relations nightmare of epic proportions.

Unless of course, the intelligence was absolutely iron-clad, in which case the only risk came from the embarrassment of possible failure.

8. SabanFan

Intelligence is never faulty. That's why Bush had to lie to go after Saddam.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I know that you are just joking (at least I hope) about the intelligence never being faulty, but I just took a class called Intelligence Research and Analysis at Tulane and basically I learned that intelligence is often faulty and it has cost us many lives and many dollars in the past.

Failure to share information and failure to properly analyze intelligence can lead to huge Intel failures. From Pearl Harbor, to 9/11 to the “miscall” of Iraq’s possession of weapons of mass destruction, failure to share and properly analyze intel has been a recurring cause of failure in the United States...so I think that's where the risk lied in Obama's decision.

Luckily, in this case, it worked beautifully.

10. SabanFan

Of course. That was for Red's benefit.