Biggest single play of the year for LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 6, 2007.

1. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

Now my favorites...

1. the fake field goal for TD....I really love rewatching it daily on ESPN for the game changing performance nominee

2. all those 4th down runs by Hester....my God I wish I had 1/2 his willpower to make things happen...dude just doesn't give up...I'm gonna miss him in that jersey next year

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I loved the long TD run out of the pistol formation by KW in the Va. Tech game. That play just told their vaunted defense that nothing they did that game was going to help them. He even hurdled one of our guys.

The Trindon Holliday KO return vs. Ole Miss right after they had returned a punt on us.

These are two that haven't been mentioned, and I didn't want to bring up the same old ones. But, my goodness, what a season this has been!

I absolutely cannot conceive of this team being denied once we get to the game on January 7th. With all of the things that have happened this year, the 2007 Tigers are more than a team of destiny.

I agree with Clair, as well. Without Katrina, there is every possibility that LSU would've been in the BCSNCG in '05, and we all know how close we actually came last year.

With a win in the CG, LSU is the team of the decade and on our way to being a full-on dynasty/powerhouse. And I never knew if that would happen in my lifetime...all of those times I celebrated our national championships in baseball, I said to myself, "What would it feel like to win one in football?"

I honestly didn't believe it would happen. Now, we are on the verge of our 2nd in 4 years! Unbelieveable...

1 person likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Mabye not, but I think we definitely beat them in the SECCG had we made it, which we should have based on our H2H win over Ark.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm glad it played out that way, but I agree. Tebow played the 2nd half of the Fla St game with a broken, non-throwing hand. White only had a dislocated digit on his non-throwing hand. That's why I say if WV played in the SEC, they'd be an 8-4 team because, with that style of offense and the physical nature of the conference, there's no way White makes it through the entire year without being injured.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well USC and OU were #1 and #2 preseason and they never lost....an undefeated LSU would have done the same thing Auburn did in 04....get left out at #3 in the BCS standings.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, I thought of that. However, LSU was THE story that year, and there also would've been lots of sentiment in "finally getting that LSU/USC debate answered." It's not inconceivable at all that we could've passed them. SOS may have also come into play. So...I feel that we'd have had a strong shot of passing UT in the BCS had we been undefeated in '05.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

biggest play of the season happened a few yrs back. its when Frank Beamer backed out of the home and home with us years ago after they pistol-whipped us b/c he was scurred to come to death valley.

if he had left it alone he wouldnt have had to return the favor this year to get his beat down and they, not us, would be in the National Championship game in nawlins.

dude's gotta be regretting the move.

whats a widow woman?

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Being voted #1 in the AP Poll for the first time since 1958-1959.

In the last 15 years, only two other SEC teams have reached #1 in the AP:

Florida last did it in 2006 (1 year ago) -- Florida finished at #1 in the AP last year, but they hadn't spent a week at number #1 in the AP since the Steve Spurrier years (1990-2001). Even during the twelve seasons under Spurrier, the only time Florida ever reached #1 AP Poll for any given week was in 2001 (3 weeks), 1997 (3 weeks), 1996 (11 weeks), and 1994 (7 weeks). The last time Florida was #1 in the AP before Spurrier was during one week of the 1985 season under Coach Galen Hall.

Tennessee last did it in 1998 (9 years ago) -- In 15 seasons under Coach Fulmer, Tennessee was only voted #1 in the AP during one season: 1998 (six weeks).

Alabama last did it in 1992 (15 years ago) -- Since the Bear Bryant years (1958-1982), Alabama has only spent one week at AP #1, after they beat Miami at the end of the 1992 season.

Auburn last did it in 1985 (22 years ago) -- The last time Auburn was ranked #1 in the AP was three weeks in the beginning of the 1985 season.

Georgia last did it in 1982 (25 years ago) -- As for Georgia, they haven't reach the #1 spot in the AP since 1982 (5 weeks).

9. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I will go with the Auburn TD pass to BYRD, ("everybody, have you heard, there's a brand new dance, it's called the BYRD").

We outplayed AU, and that could have been back to back losses. I was elated after that game. Flew down from CO to go, and it was awesome.

(second place vote goes to "the sack", Jones vs Bama.)

My vote on the play by another team goes to BC's onside kick with about a minute left to give them a win over VATECH. I could not believe the horrible defensive melt down. Their defensive coach blew it! I was so mad, and now I understand, it all comes together for the good of the TIGERS!

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I thought seminal was where guys went to be priests. :hihi: