Biggest single play of the year for LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Southalbuck

Southalbuck Founding Member

Thanks for the compliment! I thought a word like "seminal" would get a chuckle--thought it was appropriate since NOLA is talkin about a rebirth... LOL

2. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Alright I have not one exact play and to explain this I have to give a little bit of history...

For many years I haave watched LSU/Gator games and been able to call what the Gators were going to do (ref: last year when tebow would come in just for an example). I knew what they were going to do so I figured the coaches and everybody else did and we COULDN'T stop them.

Knew their game plan and couldn't stop them.

So for many years I wanted to feel that way...

Wanted to feel that they knew our game plan and couldn't stop it!!!

Hester gave me that during the LSU/Gator game...everybody knew when it was 4th down hester was taking it and they couldn't stop him!

I was so proud and excited I couldn't stand it!

I still haunt my Gator friends with one sentence "Hester up the middle!!!!"

Makes them want to puke!!! Good stuff!!

Thanks Tigers for the season it has been my favorite!!!

3. orlandotiger

Oh I guess I misread the thread I thought it was MY favorite play of the season but I guess if it was the one single best play of the season then it would have to be the bama turnover or the int. for touchdown during the SECCG.

Sorry will pay more attention next time... :)

4. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Whatever the biggest play for Pitt was in their upset victory over West Virginia.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

yes, more clever answers

i love it

i would have to say it was the fake punt for a first down that gave a struggling Pitt offense new life past midfield, and yielded the only touchdown they would score, putting them up 10-7, a lead they would never relinquish

OR probably the most significant play for LSU's chances to get to the title game based on Saturday's results:

Pat White injuring his right thumb by running up the back of one of his lineman.....i gotta believe both he, the OC and head coach Rodriguez are still agonizing over the decision not to put him back in the game until midway thru the 4th quarter (uh, hello your one and only chance at a national title may have gone bye bye cuz of this decision)

6. Southalbuck

Southalbuck Founding Member

I watched every play of that game as I'm sure a lot of y'all did, too. It wasn't the biggest play that was the story in that game, it was the 2 holding calls, a bs personal foul, and 1 non call that kept WVU in the game...I thought Wannstedt was going to knaw his crutches in pieces during the game....

7. clair

clair Rockets

well while we're talking about other teams, let's go with Boston College's Matt Ryan rolling to the left, then to the right then firing a strike to the back of the endzone to beat Va Tech in the regular season.

Ironic, b/c LSU fans at the time were cheering for Va Tech.

8. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

Hammer, meet head of nail. :thumb:

9. orlandotiger

JEEZ....I thought I misread the thread...LSU, boys...LSU...

:grin:

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well let's roll with this

1) Pete Carroll stubborn to think an injured Booty could still beat an inferior Stanford team (he regrets this, and admits to it too)
    2) Bradford getting hurt vs TTech, rendering the OU offense helpless the remainder of the first half
    3) Kentucky missing an easy FG that would have pitted a red hot Georgia team to play LSU for what would have been a shot for the NC (they would have jumped OSU by beating LSU and would not have needed a WVU upset)
    4) Oregon's QB getting hurt against Arizona State (I am convinced they would have run the table)
    5) Missouri misfiring all first half against OU and not building up what should have been a decent lead