Big BBall programs will go down

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dachsie, Feb 21, 2018.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No, I'd rather they (in basketball ) either go pro or have to do 3 years. 1 and done is the worst thing ever and I'd rather Ben Simmons would have never been here.

Winston1, stevescookin and Brian like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'd rather that Simmons had been here for 3 years and had the same attitude about it as Shaq did.

shane0911 and stevescookin like this.
  3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Agreed. Hence I said remove the one and done or compensate all the kids regardless of ethnicity in a manner in which they get to bargain. Not be told "here is what you get, deal with it" attitude. It's antiquated and has been grandfathered in for so long we feel it is acceptable just because it is what is familiar and seems reasonable.

Shaq came from an era in which you didn't go pro until after 3 years.

If you think Shaq wouldn't be a one and done today, you're kidding yourself..

We should want kids representing LSU who want to represent LSU not guys like Ben who should go pro and don't want to wear our jersey and represent our state. The bottom line is he was being used by a system and he used it back. If any of us were in his exact spot, I don't believe anyone can say with certainty they would have acted different. He's Australian, guys. If you had to to go Australia and play by their rules and go to one of their schools for half a year before you can make millions tell me how much you'd care about Melbourne U.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I would let the NBA draft any kids out of high school they want to. Let those kids get agents and get signing bonuses and if they aren't ready for the NBA and need to go to college, let them go play college ball for 3 years while getting paid by the teams that drafted them. But they have to play college ball wherever they want for 3 years...4 years if they need an extra year.

If they want to boost their draft status by not signing, they need to be ineligible for re drafting until 3 years of college ball.

5. shane0911

This is where I break ties. In a perfect world you would think that this would be possible. The sad truth of it all is it mirrors the political struggles and the class warfare being propagated by the liberal progressives.

We have those that pull the wagon (football at most schools / job creators) and then you have the ones who think it just isn't fair that so and so gets so and so (@Bayou Tiger And his whirly bird yellow ball French braided dykes / welfare recipients) whaaaaaa why can't I get as much money as the running back?!

That shit will NEVER work out.

They need to make the most out of their free education and practice and play hard and one day they might be able to make a lot of money.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

And while the actual education is valuable, these kids are also getting high caliber training for a trade where they can potentially make ungodly money.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like the high caliber training Ben Simmons got from Johnny Jones.

stevescookin likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

He could have went anywhere; he chose the team with his godfather on staff. Maybe he needs more education after all.

stevescookin likes this.
  9. shane0911

And made us worse

10. lsu-i-like

Not sure that’s true. We’d have been awful without Simmons.

Bengal B likes this.