Biden leading in the polls

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Biden Takes Dominant Lead as Voters Reject Trump on Virus and Race

A New York Times/Siena College poll finds that Joseph R. Biden Jr. is ahead of the president by 14 points, leading among women and nonwhite voters and cutting into his support with white voters.

In these crazy times, and with various conspiracy theories out and about, i suspect many Trump supporters are hesitant to admit that they will support Trump to some anonymous person over the phone, or online. I imagine many hanging up the phone, or saying they're undecided or not voting, etc..., which leads to a skewed poll result. I don't see statisticians properly managing this - if it were even possible.

I think the election results will be far removed from the polls. And lots of folks will not accept the ballot box. I encourage everyone to be stocked up by Nov, in case things go to shit for awhile.

COTiger and Bengal B like this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

In 2016, two weeks before the presidential election, I was at the gym on an elliptical. Having nothing better to do while exercising, I put the tv on CNN for a few minutes.

Trump was showing up at a rally, and the CNN talking heads were almost laughing at him because, "according to the polls, Trump has no chance of winning."

Mic drop.

LSUTiga, onceanlsufan and shane0911 like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The last time I watched CNN was when Larry King had his show and he had a guest I wanted to see.

4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Why do airports still play CNN? At least now everyone traveling has freedom to watch whatever with cell phones and computers.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Joe 3034?
    [​IMG]
    Frasier's Dad in "Say Anything"

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

When election night coverage began, NYT had Clinton at better than 90% chance of winning.

Perple likes this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Full disclosure, I am not a big Trump fan, but I would never in a million years have voted for Hillary.

With that being said, the CNN meltdown as election night wore on was epic and enjoyable.

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I was toggling back and forth from Fox (cautiously surprised) to NBC (WTF is going on here?). But CNN must have been like a SNL skit....If Trump wins again they'll cry and group hug on live TV i think.

StaceyO, COTiger, Bengal B and 2 others like this.
  9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I want Trump to win for no other reason than to watch the CNN folk have tears running down their faces!

el005639 likes this.
  10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Here's my dispassionate forecast of what I think will happen.

I think Joe Biden will win, and comfortably. Here's why:

- I don't think Donald Trump has gained any fans since 2016. The people who liked him then, generally still do. And the people who didn't, still don't
    - People HATE Hillary Clinton. I don't think this is talked about enough. People hate her. I think America is ready for a woman president - but not this one. And yet, she still almost won in 2016. On a relative basis, people generally like Joe Biden.
    - Young people and black people are having a political moment. Young people and black people do not vote. But when they do, it's not good for Republicans. There was a time when I thought young people might pout about Sanders and abstain from voting. I now believe they will vote Biden.

For those reasons I predict that Biden will win the Presidency. Lotta stuff can happen between now and Super Tuesday though.

Winston1 likes this.