Beware of my Rockets.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jan 23, 2008.

1. clair

clair Rockets

This game is over, unless T-Mac decides to show up. There is not a more stubborn basketball player in the NBA.

Dude finds nothing but gold when he goes to the basket (as he did in the 1st quarter. No coincidence the Rockets were winning).

But instead he gets cute and starts firing 16-18 footers all game.

Nothing against Kyle Korver, but there is no way in hell that someone as unathletic as Korver should be able to guard T-Mac if he is going to ram the ball into the paint.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

To me the offenses look pretty vanilla but you are right about McGrady. I was just asking myself if he was in the game. Went to getting fouls called to nothing.

One thing I am watching this game is who is going to guard TMac. I have been pretty impressed with the D from Brewer, Korver, Harpring, and CJ Miles all year and it looks like all of those guys will get there chance to defend him each game. Look for Price to come fill that role as well sparingly in the series.

Millsaps is as smooth as they come. Killer crossover for a PF, nice stroke, and clean blocks to go along with his rebounding skills. The announcer was right, he just wows you every once in awhile and he is very consisitent.

Jazz up 15 at the half and I expect it to be a slow game the rest of the way.

3. clair

clair Rockets

someone tell D. Williams to stop being a pansy.

a. the play he got t'ed up on WAS his foul.
    b. no reason to come back and kill Scola on the next screen the following play.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

a. i agree it was his foul but he wanted that T and it fired up Utah. One of the sloan traits I like. You could tell the refs were trying to give make up calls right after even though it was our foul in the 1st place.

b. Darren wasn't even looking????

Only one game left and no one knows who they will face or who is at home in the west.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Utah is just plain nasty at home.

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Or get swept in the first round.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Do you think they can get one or two before its over with?

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I thought they would definitely get one at home and probably two. Home court has disappeared for Houston, and it's Utah's biggest advantage. Get the broom ready.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if by fits you mean rolling over again, i agree. tmac with 0 and 1 point respectively (edit 4th qtr), in the 2 games is beyond bad. i feel bad for the guy cuz hes so likable. hes just soft like dirk nowchokeski.