Beware of my Rockets.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jan 23, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

All I can add is during those games we domolished close to half of those. It is not who you play it is how you play. Well unless it is Houston.:grin: J/k

Right now as you can tell I am really liking how this team is coming together and at the right time. The west is going to be tough no matter who we play but given Utah's never say die attitude, I think we will be close every game and every series with a chance to knock off anyone. But I suppose you can say that about anyone in the West.

2. clair

clair Rockets

does the NBA record for consecutive double-digit wins mean nothing to you?

b/c my rockets own that one now, buster. :grin:

3. bhelmLSU

Cough

Signs of the Suns sputter I am predicting are at the forefront.

Losing to the garbage Mavs today.

Have fun in Tampa Clair.

4. clair

clair Rockets

The Rockets rolled the dice and sat McGrady tonight against the lowly Sonics, but the Rockets won big anyway to get 4 straight. :)

Now I just dunno who to cheer for in this Phoenix/San Antonio game.

Phoenix loss strengthens our 5 seed.

San Antonio loss moves us closer to 3rd seed, but I don't even know if I want to be the 3-seed.

For how the Rockets play, being 5 and playing Utah then NO/Denver/GS (most likely Denver), is better than being 3 and playing Phoenix then LA/Dallas.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I've got to pull for the Suns (game tied at 45) in hopes the Hornets can hold onto the #1 seed.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Suns would beat the Spurs in a 7 game series. Might be the only team they match up well with, however.

They won tonite by 17 at San Antonio.

7. clair

clair Rockets

We match up well with Utah, San Antonio, New Orleans, Dallas and the 8 seed.

Don't with LAL and Phoenix.

Utah has Boozer who we can play 1-1 with Deke or Scola and then Okur who you don't have to worry about all that often in the paint. They have Williams, but we have Battier to combat that. We have McGrady, they have Kirilenko to combat him. Would be a real good series.

San Antonio plays the slow pace we do, so all the games could and should be fairly close.

The Hornets have Paul who gives us fits, but no one to guard T-Mac and Battier owns Peja.

And we just better than Dallas and the 8-seed.

8. bhelmLSU

One thing to worry about with the Jazz you didn't mention. Utah is 2nd in league in points scored in the paint so big bodies in the lane might be more beneficial than not. However, I think the Rockets have the athletes to keep us out of the lane. Should be another great series.

9. clair

clair Rockets

oh yeah. I was not trying to slight the Jazz at all.

I was just saying that obviously the hole in Houston's lineup is center with Mutumbo.

and the Jazz don't have a dominant post center to exploit that.

The Jazz get a ton of paint points from Williams, Boozer, Harpring and Kirilenko and Millsap.

The Rockets are currently tied for the 2-seed right now. I would want that to play Dallas, but it's unlikely.

10. bhelmLSU

Didn't see it as a stab at the Jazz because I see your point about seeding. I also am having doubts about the Suns sputtering after tonight. I was banking on Shaq having a nagging injury that would limit him minutes but he looked good tonight and will cause problems.

You ready for the potential preview of the 1st round next week? I am glad to see NBATV picked it up.