Better Red than dead

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeeDee, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

sure, but this assumes i care that corporations are hypocritical with their social agenda. i expect them to appeal to whatever dumbshit stuff. they dont have to consistent or whatever the opposite of hypocritical is (hypercritical)?

for all i care the NBA can pretend to be for gay marriage and also oppose gay marriage. i am in it for the DUNKS

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Of course the teams have the “right “ to suppress dissent. No argument there. However I don’t think it’s the right thing to do. Exercising right not backed by principles makes them hollow in my opinion.
    And @Jmg of course the NBA is doing it for the money...yet the pursuit of mammon only isn’t exactly the best path. Where do they hold the line when not if they’re asked to do something truly repulsive? The silencing of a Daryl Morey is chilling. To stand by and say it’s only business weak.

el005639 likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

To be sure rigid adherence to any ideal is problematic. It takes judgement and understanding to do the right and correct thing. Times change but basic principles don’t. Apply your principles as a means to decide on what the correct action is in a changing world.
    I think the NBA is wrong here and the more they bow to China’s money the less freedom they have.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the NBA cannot do anything but lose 400 million fans. they cant do any good. they can only halve their future earnings. they have no responsibility to be a mouthpiece for freedom. not everyone wants freedom.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This is true.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

many folks are criticising lebron.

if it turns out lebron has terrible opinions about politics, so what? my man can dunk! HARD.

lots of people have terrible ideas about politics. i know people who, if their ideas were enacted, would result in povervy and misery for billions. so what? not everyone has shit figured out. i dont expect people to be right about anything. its fine.

i have never card about the NBA my whole life. until now, i love it. wanna see zion and pelicans throw down big jams and win games. go pelicans!

i love hong kong. i dont expect lebron to fuck his employer over by speaking out properly on this issue.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My beef with LeBron is not his politics. These days you expect famous people to have fucked up ideas. It just irks me that there are actually idiots who thing LeBron is greater than Michael Jordan.

Having lived in New York for as long as you did it's not surprising you didn't care about the NBA. the Knicks and the Nets don't give you much hope. James Dolan is a complete idiot and now I'm wondering about the Russian billionaire who owns the Nets. Come on, giving Kevin Durant a max deal knowing he won't play a minute this season and will be coming off an achilles injury. Big men rarely recover their former greatness after such an injury. Look at what Boogie Cousins has become.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I agree with much of what you say. However they should have remained silent if anything and ejecting the sign holders was both wrong and stupid.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what is "wrong"? they dont want to lose a hundreds of millions of fans. they have more NBA fans in china than the population of the US

its like weeks ago i was compaining about politics at MLS, particuallry portand and seattle liberals, waving shit at games. just be a fan or hater of the team. dont bring your shit into sports.

earlier i talked about what people want. they dont all want freedom. the chinese do not want it. they hate it. they think they are helping hong kong by treating them like adults. its silly, but who am i to tell them what works for them?

and to bengal b. its not lebrons fault they compare him to jordan.

when i lived in NY i cared, and still do about the mets. the knicks are useless assholes. nets, who cares. brooklyn is new. dont care. NBA doesnt matter unless pelicans are good. and they are gonna make the playoffs. i guarantee it.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The NBA needs the Chinese because they are losing their American audience because of assholes like Labron and Steve Kerr. I have lost all interest in the NBA because of those type of guys. I notice the NFL has cleaned up their act and had they not I was about to give them up. China can have the NBA for all I care. If they start kneeling during anthen in college fuck them too. Fans give up their money and a lot of time to watch and support sports teams and very very least they can do is stand for one fucking minute for the flag and stop trying to shove their politics down our throats.

Winston1 likes this.