Better Red than dead

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeeDee, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nah downtown is fine. i can walk to mathernes for grocerys, or a have a pint at one of the many pubs around. its not bad.

cities should always have a decent downtown where people can live and work.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Last time I went downtown was when I got called for jury duty. No, not true. I did go play at open mike Sunday at Jolie Pearl a couple of times. I hate the parking situation. The Matherne's on Highland Rd was my favorite grocery store until it turned into a Richard's and raised all the prices.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

one thing i used to like to argue with red was global warming. he also was afraid of peak oil.

since we argued years ago i think the evidence has favored me, as we keep finding more and more useful oil, and ways to retrieve it.

we also had long arguments about intellectual property, i think i am winnng that as well, i wish he would return so we could go over it. good ole red.

red if you read this buddy, i live in BTR, lets have a beer at pastime.

StaceyO, kcal, Winston1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Red loved showing that peak oil bell curve. He would come back now and say "from all the information and science known at that time..." Yeah, no shit. Red shouldn't lose hope, Peak Cobalt or Peak Lithium may send us back to our caves.

Unfortunately, very few people realize that the entire concerns about peak oil were based on misinformation or junk science. Specifically, the research was not scientific at all but statistical analysis so badly done that it wouldn’t pass a first-year college course. The work by Campbell and Laherrere relied on the basic idea that geology determined production trends, and thus trends could be safely extrapolated based on the bell curve model. If production was declining, that is. Economics didn’t matter because ‘you have to find oil before you can produce it’ and if it’s there, it will be produced. Technology could not improve recovery because “Technology cannot change the geology of the reservoir, but technology (in particular horizontal drilling) can help to produce faster, but no more…”
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaellynch/2018/06/29/what-ever-happened-to-peak-oil/#7111e00c731a

This was always nonsense.

Jmg, Winston1 and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I always assumed Res left because of FSA.

He always told me it was a blood sport.

Guess he bleed out.

uscvball and Bengal B like this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

fuck red

uscvball likes this.
  7. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Double fuck him.

uscvball likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Damn, how many passports did you wear out?

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

My daughter got back from her travels in July. She ended up going to 42 countries. One of her favorites was also Hong Kong. She loved Vietnam and the rest of Asia as well.

LSUTiga and kcal like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

passports are fairly robust. i took good care of mine. i did have double extra pages stuck in to it at the american embasssy in saigon. everyone else at the embassy was filing paperwork for their lil yellow viet wives

shane0911 likes this.