Better Red than dead

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeeDee, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is no law in Texas, don't you live on Texas that says you have to wear a mask so that argument is a fallacy. A good many things that are harmful thatvl are illegal. Herion use is illegal but people use it anyway. The difference is that they are harming only themselves and not spreading their disease to other people.

You have no valid argument for not wearing masks unless you just don't want to. Just admit it and stop drying to deflect the flaws in your argument on to me. It's an old worn out tactic that doesn't work.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

A Harris county judge (Houston) inked it last week. Already getting sued. I wouldn't follow it if I lived there. Other states are doing the same thing.

To your point, companies harm people with they products they make: Heart diseases, cancer, etc.

(Your personal favorite) the simple act of driving endangers people (Thousands of "accidental deaths" per year).

Abortion.

Viruses and diseases. This should really end it for you, but people are already FREE to spread whatever it is they have....

[​IMG]

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

People get those diseases either because they are hereditary or they choose a lifestyle and/or a diet and lack of exercise that leads to them getting those diseases. But that's their choice. Who has much choice about which random stranger might infect them. Maybe your house arrest cellmate will be Central Preacher Tony Spell. Let the punishment fit the crime.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Destiny is all.

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Actually, an uncovered sneeze or cough, according to the latest and greatest is capable of traveling 26 feet. Bet a mask cuts down on that significantly.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Right. If somebody wants to engage in behavior that puts only themselves at risk I say have at it. But when somebody engages in behavior that people at risk who haven't given consent to being put at risk that person should at the very least be considered a social pariah and shunned and publicly humiliated.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If I was overweight like you I would be worried too!

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bengal at his local market:

[​IMG]

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was overweight. Now I'm not.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Mythbusters showed ~17 feet but who's counting