Best/Worst Movies of 2009

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Mr. Peabody, Feb 26, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I am a sucker for revenge-themed movies and I hate it when the hero shows a compassionate side. I saw Taken last night and came away feeling real good. "We can nego..." :D :thumb:

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Saw this last night. It was a chick flick, so what can you really expect but more of the same.

It was the first time me and my wife have been to the movies since our daughter was born and that was to see Borat. So I guess I owed her one. I was just glad to be in a theater so that probably increased the enjoyment.

3. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Exactly...I think my favorite was the part in Jean-Claude's house.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Just like the book, they will just re-air the DaVinci Code and change the names of the characters. :)

When i read the DaVinci code, the first thing i said about it was that it was the exact same story as Angels and Demons with just the character names and relations changed. The grandfather becomes the uncle, etc... I liked Angels and Demons (the book), Davinci just seemed like a weaker rehashed story.

5. shaqazoolu

It was still a good story though. Sure it's basically the same theme but there is a whole different set of historical events, time periods, architecture and cryptology behind the 2 of them.

I think the same people that hated the Da Vinci Code will hate Angels and Demons for the same reasons just like I will probably like it for the same reasons. I understand why people don't like them...they just don't translate to the movies very well. There are too many details from the book that people who have read it will fill in the blanks with. The people who haven't read the book will just think "WTH?!?!?" because there seems to be so much missing information that nothing makes any sense.

Or maybe I just liked the books so much that I want the movies to be just as amazing and I am in denial.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I really liked the DaVinci Code book, thought the movie was just okay. I did not enjoy the Angels and Demons book nearly as much......SO far fetched and that's saying something. I don't have high expectations for the movie.

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Sadly I noticed the American theater version cut some violence. I admit to being puzzled by this.

In the torture scene, Liam did not hook the cables to the chair, he stabbed two 6 inch nails into the guy's thighs, and hooked the leads to that.
    You actually see him do this in the trailer too, so I felt ripped off at the theater. One of the more creative violent acts I have seen.

And effective.

8. shaqazoolu

My buddy had the exact same complaint.

9. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I thinks its great timing for Angels and Demons because of the "dooms day machine" at CERN has been in the news and what is said about it in the book is lended credence by what some scientists are currently saying about it. I enjoy A&D much more than the divinci code. Can't really give you a good reason other than the scientific theories behind it as oppossed to theories behind ancient texts that we will most probably never have complete versions to read.

10. shaqazoolu