Best Restaurant in the City you are In Right Now

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by TigerBait3, Feb 27, 2009.

1. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Steve, are you open on the weekends? I am gonna hafta try and get to your restraunt one day. I don't think it is real real far from me.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Issy, that place aint that damn good, sheez:hihi: 205-300 wow.
    I cant deal with the atmosphere myself. We need to go to Shuck N Dive, you and I. Make it happen, slomo.

3. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I have to agree MM! I mean it is ok for fast food but I wouldn't consider it good restaurant food. Plus the week after Mike's skull surgery we went in there after a follow up doctors appointment and they had the music BLARING! We didn't stay, Mike couldn't handle the loud music, it was killing his head!

Now Shuck n Dive has my vote for S. Florida, and Izzy will go but you may have to bring him a can of gas for his car to get him there! (Sorry Izzy, I couldn't help myself!!!)

For Orlando I would have to say Barney's Steak House and Bubbalous Bar-B-Q!!!

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Tuesday through Saturday 7:00am - 2:00pm (breakfast and lunch)
    Sunday 7:00am - 1:00pm (breakfast only)
    Dark Mondays (985) 867 9950.

I usually get there between 5:00am and 5:30 am so if anyone comes then I'll cook for you. come in the back kitchen door. I may not have biscuits till around 6 or 6:30. Usually the police come in that early right before shift change.

If you come from Columbis Ms, bring your bikes. The Tammany Trace bike trail is right behind the restaurant. You can make a family day out of it.

By the way, if you go to 'Cue Corner in Columbia , say hi to my friends that own it. I missed them this year at the food show.

5. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well in the first place, I don't have a bike, I am too lazy to ride one.:lol:

And we do go to Que's Korner, they have very good food.

But I am really thinking we might just come one day and eat, if we do I will let you know.

1 person likes this.
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I went to Doe's Eat Place in Hot Springs just last week. We sat by the lake (Lake Hamilton), which meant that we could've dipped our toes IN the lake from our table. That was cool; one could go there by car or boat.

Anyway...I had an incredible 7 oz filet that HAD to be larger than 7 oz, along with a baked potato and wonderful homemade bread for $19. The beers on draft were $1.75. It was a great dining experience, and I'll definitely go back the next time I'm in Hot Springs.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm going to be in Indianapolis for a day later this month. What's a good eatery there?

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Bynum's Steakhouse
    Café Patachou
    R Bistro
    Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

have no idea. im in marshall, texas. and i stopped at taco bell and grabbed something to eat while driving on my way here.

anyone have any good recommendations for here? this is a stopping point sometimes for when i get a really late start on the drive.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Homero's or Bodacious Bar-B-Q.

OS2 Pub is supposeded to be good, but when in Texas I stick with BBQ or Mexican food...