Best Po-boy!!!

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by BigWee_TEAMKATT, Dec 14, 2006.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Covington = Big Bears. The shrimp and oyster are great. The roast beef with swiss is fantastic; so much gravy and mayo it will run down your arm and drip off your elbow in the summer!!! Way good.

They opened a 'sister' place in Mande, called Bears. My in law complained that the roast beef did not have enough gravy and mayo, and the next time it was swimming in it.

When we come back from Destin in the summer, we plan the drive back around a stop at Big Bear's; its that good.

2. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I just wanted to pass on a recommendation for those of you in the Dallas area. I just had a shrimp poboy from the Fishbone and it was the best I've had outside of Louisiana. Plenty of good sized shrimp, fried in a good seasoned fish fry, dressed with let, tom, pick, and onion, and on a half loaf of toasted French bread.

Its on the corner of Abrams and NW Highway. Same shopping center ad the target. And no...I do not work for them. I just finally found a decent poboy in this town and thought I would pass it along.

3. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Subway...ahhhhhhhh, don't like em very much. Damn things are too small, unless of course ya wanna do that extra meat thing and pay $10 for a sandwich. I wanna "Man" sandwich, not one of them little girl ones dammit...Hahahahaha...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Ole Time Grocery in Lafayette :thumb:

btw....not a po-boy to be found in central FLA :angryfire

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

man i miss Ole Time poboys. Juliens too. Gotta make a plan to head to Lafayette and visit the parents soon. Looks like i need to hit the poboy shops too.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Crabby Jack's is delicious. I'm also a big fan of Domilise's (who isn't), Guy's, and Frankie and Johnny's roast beef po-boy is perfect after a tray of crawfish.