Best opening line in a song

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by red55, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

" Those boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong, their to damn skinny and way to long, well I aint a holy roller so i'll just use a bong, yea them boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong." Cross Canadian Ragweed "boys from Oklahoma"

There is a better verse in the song when he goes " The faggots down in Norman" and " The boys in Louisiana have trouble growing their weed"

" Hello there my old friend, to so long ago it was til the end, we stayed outside in the poring rain, on the way up the road we started over again." SRV "life by the drop"

" What would Brian Boitano do if he was here right now, He'd make a plan and he'd follow through, That's what Brian Boitano'd do." South Park "what would Brian Boitano do"

" Put on my blue suede shoes and i boarded the plane, touchdown in the land of the delta blues in the middle of the puring rain." Marc Cohn " walking in mephis"

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

I think that Stones might have did a remake of it, i could be wrong. There are a few remakes of the song that i have heard but The Animals was the originals, I do know that.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uhh . . .

Sweet Loretta Martin thought she was a woman
    But she was another man
    All the girls around her say she’s got it coming
    But she gets it while she can

Are you having one of those flashbacks they warned us about!

The Animals had the sixties pop hit, but it was by no means the original. The Rising Sun is a traditional tune with 18th century roots.

The Rising Sun

A blues version was recorded in 1928 by Texas Alexander, a country version in 1938 by Roy Acuff, and a folk version in 1941 by Woody Guthrie and Co.

This Russian-hosted website contains links to 250 covers of "House of the Rising Sun," from the 101 Strings Orchestra to Bob Dylan to Toto.

250 House of the Rising Sun covers

Man, I love Google.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

I stand corrected!

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

And now you know why I listed the writer as "Unknown." :)

Friend of mine brought me a CD the other day with 15 different versions of the song. Can't remember all but Dylan, Tom Petty, Eagles, Scorpions, were some of the versions. Listened to them all. Animals w/Eric Burdon wins. :thumb:

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

I see, said the blind man to the deaf dog.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In 1993 I was driving through Ohio when I picked up a radio station from Springfield, Ohio that played "All Louie, Louie -- All the time!" No chit. They claimed to have something like 350 versions of Louie, Louie and it's all they played. It was actually kind of cool. In the hour or so I was in range they had reggae, classical, pop, rock, blues and country versions.

I wonder how long that experiment lasted.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Sweet Loretta Fart thought she was a cleaner. lmao im hoping this is right.

lol im not sure about any of it but someone's way off and its too damned funny.

reminds me of this woman I knew thought huey lewis' song was saying, ' I wanna new truck' and thought windchill factor was the windshield factor.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

"Another night in any town
    You can hear the thunder of their cries
    Ahead of their time
    They wonder why"

"Only The Young" - Journey

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

"Rosetta"