Best Hot Sauce

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Oct 9, 2016.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LOL. I didn't mean to sound rude, I really do like and enjoy your perceptions here. I just can not stand sriracha at all. Just too many other better choices out there.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not rude at all. Have you had THAT brand of sriracha? In true Cali style, residents who live downwind from the factory in Irwindale sued the company saying the smell and residue was making them break out. I'm not the best gauge anyway....I'm quite sure LA hot is more than I enjoy. Friends out here who like hotter seem to like this one...

[​IMG]

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I'm not sure which sriracha I've had, I thought it was all the same company. My dad lives in Carlsbad, every time he visits he goes and buys a bottle. Then when he leaves he leaves it here and I throw it away. Apparently he seems to think we use it after he's gone. Even tho I tell him it's nasty when he buys it.

We visited him back in the end of August, I had to go buy a bottle of tabasco just to take with me when we ate out. I plan on taking one with me when we go back out there in march to run the San Diego Half.

I will say tho, I love the oil selections out there. I came home with a few bottles of avocado and hemp oil to cook with.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

vball, that's a chilli sauce. Read the effin thread title.

LSUMASTERMIND and GregLSU like this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I like green hot sauce too, but the tabasco brand just isn't hot enough. On the rare occasion we go and eat MX food, I judge a place by their hot sauce. Some have it and some don't.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah they use that exact stuff in some of the dives here but it's not hot sauce. It's completely different than what the norm is or what most like. Ain't putting that in no gumbo or red beans.

LSUMASTERMIND, shane0911 and GregLSU like this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Hot sauce is made from chillis. It's the most common ingredient in hot sauces worldwide.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Maybe in California with all those illegal pepper-bellies but not in Louisiana- and Louisiana is known worldwide for it's food.

GregLSU likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I use Tabasco for gumbo, Louisiana Hot Sauce for jambalaya and I like to add Crystal to hot wings

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

If anyone has a Fred's near them, give them a look. They have a huge hot sauce selection and a lot of them are made in Louisiana. I haven't made my rounds through them yet but I plan on buying a different bottle each visit and going through them. Most average around a $1 per bottle.