best for LSU bowl game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jvalhenson, Nov 15, 2017.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

This has prob been talked about but I haven't seen it. IF LSU is to win out seems like it would be best for LSU if Alabama beats Auburn right? If Auburn that puts them bama and georgia likely ahead of LSU in bowl selections and eleminate any chance for LSU to get to the Sugar bowl.....but if alabama wins then only the loser of bama georgia would likely be ahead and another blowout loss by georgia to bama might even jump LSU over georgia(in bowl selection only not actualy rank) and get them in the Sugar Bowl potentially? might be looking at the standings and bowl selections wrong though if only the rankings are factored in as I doubt a loss in the champ game would drop GA below LSU unless they lose to kentucky and/or GT too. of course an LSU loss in these last 2 games and none of my rambling matters.

TheRealist, lsu-i-like and Pjoe like this.
  2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

So far I’ve only seen us matched against big 10 (Michigan) in a Florida bowl. That had us a slight chance of maybe the Peach on Ney Years Day. I think a lot changes with games still to be played. I would hope a 3 loss LSU would still get a good bowl.

Also the Sugar is a playoff site, so unless we are top 4 we can’t go!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think the Sugar Bowl is one of the playoff semi-final sites this year so LSU is already out for that. We were in the Citrus last year and I don't think they would want us back two years in a row, From what I read it's looking more like the Outback than anything else.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

oh ok i was thinking sugar bowl was a playoff location last year or the year before.

5. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Biggest problem is every cheering for the gumps to win. If that puts in a shitty bowl I still hope the gumps get pounded. We can get to the playoffs next year. This year it isn't happening short of that is a consolation prize. Not a bad one as we get more practice time and exposure. The way I look at it if we end up 9-3 or 10-3 with a bowl win we are still north of expectations for the year in my book. I just can not under any circumstances pull for the gumps.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Outback is a bit more attractive this year for Louisiana fans. The Saints play the Bucs the next day so fans basically get two games for the price of one trip. I might even go just because I've never been to a Saints road game.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    didit, shane0911, Richdog and 3 others like this.
  7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Outback organizers would be fools to not push for LSU/Saints combo. The Bucs should be pushing for it as well to boost what will probably be pretty poor attendance by that point in the year.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It would be great for AU and UGA to lose to Bama should LSU win out. IDGAF about anything except what’s best for LSU. A loss to UGA by Bama might hurt our bowl projections but help us in the prestige sweepstakes by bringing Bama back down to the atmosphere. But that boosts UGA. I prefer to inflate Bama and then get a boost next year when we end the streak.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

I typically don't pay the lottery but I might just plop down a buck or two and see what happens.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

All I have to say to that is Buck Fama

el005639, Rouxleaux and shane0911 like this.