Best Day/ Worst Day of your life

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I've done this but didn't want to sound like that guy. The one upper guy.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If you think back to some of the conversations we have had following LSU football games I'm pretty sure I would have been banned for life from ever calling a radio station again.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah you're best on the sidelines as an observer.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yeah, we were hammered. Headed back to the crib after a long 3 day weekend capped off by LSU beating the fuck out of Ohio State for a National Championship. We went to the game where we snuck a bottle of Maker's Mark into the Dome.

Anyway,we were headed back & we were halfway listening to WWL. Deke was on there chatting it up with someone about chicken spaghetti just hours after LSU had won the National Championship. I called in and started talking about Richard Dickson and LSU and winning the Championship and Deke Belavia started spouting off at me saying something to the affect of "We already discussed this, why don't you pay attention." I was like "Don't give me that crap, Deke. I turn on the radio hours after LSU kicks the piss out of Ohio State and won a National Championship and you are on here talkin about chicken spaghetti." Deke started to get pissed then he started laughing and shit.

About 10 minutes later, at like 2am, we pull off the interstate to get some more beer and I see @fanatic and his crew who I am dear friends with. We all had a good laugh in the parking lot. That shit was great.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I miss Gorenflos.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  6. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

oh man now you are bringing some memories into it....that was always the go to bar in high school....helps to have your cousins working the bar who will actually serve you at 17 and at that just toss em a 20 and drink on that all night.....could always count on a few good biloxi girls(usually about 35 years old to my 16-20) to be ready to tangle by about 3am and the last night I was there we wound up in a bar clearing brawl that I have no clue how it got started but I know how it ended....didnt come out totally unscathed but my group def came out on the better end of it and had a blast doing it. Def a small part of me misses being able to go do all that mess and not worry about the possible consequences but if i actually could go back and do it again I dont think I would. I highly doubt I would be lucky enough to make it through all of it as cleanly the 2nd time around and way to happy with life now to try it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  7. Cajun Sensation

We used to clean that bar out pretty regularly ourselves. Maybe we have crossed paths before (or punched each other in the face before).

Yes, Connie used to serve me when I was 18-20 in that place. I remember I had my 21st birthday in there and she couldn't believe it. She tends bar at The Office in OS now. We talk about those days regularly.

8. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Ha yea it's possible. My hayday in there was 96-2000. Now that I think about it though I was there a couple other times right before the hurricane. Brought the future wife a couple times in 03-04 so she could see where some of the stories had went down. For some reason when I went to college I pretty much stopped going even when i was home and by the time I was back(stayed a while did undergrad and just kept going with graduate right after so was gone over 5 years) and got to wanting to start going again the storm took it away. Damn cool ass little bar....or sportsman club if you wanted to get fancy about it(and probably get punched)

9. Cajun Sensation

The fights weren't often, but they were big when they did break out. Bunch of drunk kids being idiots. Ocean Springs Vs Biloxi happened alot.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Damn, I hate open dates . . .

Cajun Sensation likes this.