Best Burger

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Apr 1, 2004.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The secret is getting them diced really small. Same as the pineapple. I have also added an egg and a little pack of bread crumbs at times. Seems to help hold the integrity of burger since I like using the leaner burger.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Beware. You add too much . . . and it becomes meatloaf.

StaceyO and tirk like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Yep. Mustard, lettuce, tomato, & onion for me.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hadn't been to Sammy's Grill on Highland Road for a good while. Mainly because it's always crowded. Yesterday evening while I was driving by I saw that there were plenty of places to park so I decided to get a burger and watch at least the first half of the LSU -Kentucky game there. I hadn't eaten a burger there for about 4 years. Last time it was about $4 for a hamburger. Now its $8.50! It comes with fries now but still. I know that prices go up so I was expecting maybe $5 or $5.50. I went ahead and ordered one anyway and asked to substitute onion rings for the fries.

Instead of a pile of the thin rings there were 4 thick onion rings on the plate. Still not bad but a lot more breading than the thin ones they used to serve. I noticed that there were no onion on my burger so I asked the girl to bring me some.

When I got the bill I saw that they charged me $1 for the rings substitution and 45 cents for the onions. Aren't onions a standard hamburger ingredient like lettuce, tomato and pickles? Who the hell ever heard of charging for putting onions on a hambuger??? With a Coke it came to $13 + a $3 tip = $16. Blew the hell out of a $20 bill and I didn't even drink a beer. Sammy's used to be known for good food at reasonable prices. The burger would have been better but whoever cooked it probably pressed down on the patty with a spatula while it was cooking and squeezed all the juices out.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I mentioned how great the burgers were at Burger Delite in my first post when I started this thread in 2004. Since then The old place is no more. Just an empty ffield for the last few years. Yesterday I was driving down Hwy 42 in Ascension Parish and a saw a small building about the size of a snowball stand with a Burger Delite sign. I stopped and asked the woman there if the burgers there were the same as the old BD on Airline. She said they had bought the Burger Delite name but their burgers were very good, so I ordered one. Decent as burgers go but nothing to rave about. I asked for it cooked medium with the patty still juicy but it wasn't and was in fact a bit dry.
    My disappointment was HUUUGE! From a 5* burger down to a 1 1/2*. Anybody else have a similar experience where the quality of a once great eating establishment had gone downhill after not visiting for a few years?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They didn't buy shit bc the name is different burger delite and burger delight. And yeah we went there thinking the same thing and they are horrible. And expensive. Went once and it was so bad never again.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Just going thru this whole thread made me think of all the posters that use to post here. It's too bad most of those who chimed in on it are not here anymore...

COTiger and Bengal B like this.
  9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And I don't see it getting any better.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not with that attitude.

GiantDuckFan and shane0911 like this.