Best Burger

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Apr 1, 2004.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

When I was very young and my dad was in Law School at LSU we had very little. I can remember getting a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken was a huge treat. Kids today live on fast foods. People don't nearly cook meals at home like they used to- at least the ones I know.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I cook at home when I can, but time is major concern for being able to do that.

This year, for instance, my daughters' dance schedules are crazy: pointe class on Monday (older daughter), modern class on Tuesday (younger daughter), pointe class on Wednesday (older), Plano Metropolitan Ballet Junior Company on Friday (younger), ballet (younger) and Plano Met Ballet (older) on Saturday. During the fall, Plano Met is an 11-3 (or later) rehearsal every Saturday.

Five days a week at the studio, along with my work schedule equals eating out more than I would like (that, and leftovers whenever possible.)

LSUDad likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My mom was a working mom and she made a lot of casseroles. Cheap, quick and they stuck to our ribs. She must have had 3 dozen different ones. I still love casseroles.

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Slow cookers become a 2-3 day meal. They are a god send. Right?

Casseroles....so many great things you can do with that. Our busy lives at my home depend on the slow cooker and the casserole. Grilling and smoking meat on the weekend makes up for the multiple leftovers during the week.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I am working 80 plus hours a week, and my wife is in clinicals for nursing school. We are eating a lot of casseroles. That and eggs. We must eat 4 dozen eggs a week. I bring 4 hardboild eggs to work every day.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's a lot of eggs. I'm glad I don't sit near you at work. :eek:;)

StaceyO likes this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Assuming you don't have to kill me if you tell me, what do you do for 80 hours a week?

Bengal B and StaceyO like this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Breakfast food for supper is something else my mom did. Bacon, eggs and grits is cheap and fast and just as good at suppertime.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Perhaps instead of teaching your daughters to dance, you should teach them to cook and clean some dishes.

j/k, but this does prove your food selection is skewed for a reason. I am glad to know it is a good reason.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are a lot more unemployed would be dancers than unemployed chefs