Best Burger

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Apr 1, 2004.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

For me it's the hamburger steak with rice, gravy, smash & mash potatoes and fried okra. One thing I find is the taste is ALWAYS consistent.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you want fried okra that's way better than Piccadilly go to Church's Fried Chicken. The breading doesn't slide off the okra the way Piccadilly's does

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm certain that any kid that grew up in Baton Rouge during the 70's/80's went many, many times to Piccadilly. Our go-to was usually the riverboat-themed one in Cortana, but sometimes we hit up Government Street, too. Lots of great childhood memories of dinners with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

My favorites were the fried chicken and the hamburger steak.

Over spring break, I went to Piccadilly for the first time in years. My daughters had eaten there with my parents over Thanksgiving when I was at my high school reunion, and they loved it. The fried chicken is still really good--especially considering that I only eat bone-in fried chicken 2-3 times a year any more.

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Piccadilly brings back a lot of childhood memories for me too, my mom used to take us to the one on Arnold Blvd in Lafayette at least once a week. My favorite was the square piece of fish, fried Cod. Loved it......many good memories.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It always seemed like the food was better at the Government Street location but they closed down a few weeks ago. The fried chicken is good but I never get it there because if I want fried bird I usually just go to Popeyes. There used to be a Church's Fried Chicken across the street from the Popeye's on Staring Lane. I would get chicken from Popeye's and then drive across the street and get fried okra from Church's

6. StaceyO

If I'm going to eat fried chicken up here in Plano, I'm going to either hit the Popeye's a block from my school (ironic that it's something I pass daily but never eat) or go to Babe's Chicken House for a sit down, family-style fried chicken dinner. It's excellent, but again, something that we only do occasionally.

In Louisiana, I sometimes will go to Linda's Fried Chicken in Watson, about a half mile from my parents' house. It's great.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah and sometimes there are 3 or 4 stuck together.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Back in the 70's a place called Frankie and Johnny’s in Denham Springs. The best fried Chicken.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's because it is frozen when it hits the oil! Picaddily's okra is fresh and made the way Mom made it. Imperfect breading but very tasty.

plotalot likes this.
  10. StaceyO

I used to like Danny's Fried Chicken in Denham back in the day.