Best Burger

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

They've had them in Shreveport for a while...oh, wait, you said outside of Texas.[​IMG]

2. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

They have Backyard Burgers up here, very good burger.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do they taste like the name implies? Like a burger you would grill in your backyard? If so I can't wait to try one.

If I had to go to the place where I could get the best posible burger that I know of no matter where I would go to the South Shore Beer Garden in Kemah, TX, a suburb of Houston in Galveston County in the Clear Lake area. For anybody living in Houston in the Clear Lake - NASA area here is a link to a map

http://mapsonus.switchboard.com/bin/maps-maponly/usr=~406cae61.ba8b6.651.9/c=1/refsrc=SB.newsb/formName=setclickpost

Another place near there with a great burger is the Outpost on NASA 1 Road. Its just a shack but the astronauts used to hang out there and there are pictures of all the astronauts on the wall. I was told there some scenes from "The Right Stuff" were filmed there.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

For Dallas Folk: You gotta love Burger House....I think its quite possible my favorite place to go here....

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

my favorite fast food burger in baton rouge was the #2 at sonic. i really liked sonic.

related note: since i left baton rouge a few years ago, the food i miss most is crawfish pies from the jamabalaya shoppe on government (also on perkins past siegen). also i really loved arzi's and albasha gyros. in new york you can get gyros on every other corner, but none of them are as good as arzi's in my book.

6. JasonBohn

JasonBohn Founding Member

www.backyardburger.com

seems to be a gourmet kind of burger. I saw that they were hiring, that's how i found out they were opening in Baton Rouge. It's in the 11000 block of Siegen lane, so I think it's somewhere near Perkins, correct me if i'm wrong.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

DDTigerFan where did you live? I've lived here all my life, and I've never seen one until just the other day. They are building it in NW OKC. It's not even open yet.

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I don't think they have either of these in Louisiana but if you ever seen one, stop in a get a burger.

Johnny Rockets and Fat Burger. Get the onions rings at both places as well. Both use 100% high quality beef. Mmmmmmmmmmm cheeseburger.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Lee's Hamburgers on Vets by Bonnabel in Metairie. It's a must if your in the mood for Burgers. The Works with chili cheese fries is on time. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The only difference between the Sonic #1 and the Sonic #2 is that the Sonic #1 has mayo and no mustard and the Sonic #2 has mustard and no mayo. Since I like both mayo and mustard on my burgers I order a Sonic #1 and tell them to add mustard.

Todays burger and pizza threads are making me hungry. Its 11:20 and the only option at this time other than Mickey Ds or Wendy's is What A Burger and I don't feel like driving to Seigen Lane. I don't really feel like pizza other than Fleur de Lis or Pastime and its too late for either of them and they don't deliver anyway. There is a Wing Zone on Burbank that delivers chicken wings and I know they have hamburgers too. I have never had one of their burgers but they are $7 for a damn burger so it better be pretty damn good. I just called them and it seems that I live just outside their delivery area. I have been drinking beer and Jack Daniels for several hours but there is a Gutbomb Palace, uh I mean Taco Bell less than a mile from my house. I totally reject a runs for the border right now so I suppose its down to:

A. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    B. Nuke a hot dog that has been in the fridge for almost a month
    C. Rama noodles
    D. Open a can of pork and beans
    E. A can of sardines
    F. Some moldy cheese on Ritz crackers
    G. A mayo, mustard and ketchup sandwich with onions
    H. Oatmeal
    I. Microwave popcorn
    J. A can of creamed corn
    K. More beer and Jack Daniels
    L. A bloody mary