Best Boudin & Cracklins

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by ramah, Aug 1, 2004.

1. tiger7171

tiger7171 Founding Member

RONNIES

is the best.of course they are only 2 minutes from my house .

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Their only A+ was Don's which is what I've been saying all along. I haven't made it to Sunset Specialty Meats yet but it's on my "to do" list. Linkster, get out to Sunset.

Sorry Sparky, but that's like going to Alexandria to check out the rice and gravy. :wink:

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Jerry "Greasy" Lee's on Greenwell Springs Rd.

Like I said ... IF I can't make Opelousas and need Boudin in BR, I go to Jerry Lee's or sometimes Addis and see John at the Butcher Block ...

But I wrap Jerry Lee's greasy **** in paper to absorb most of that grease ...

very good ... probably the best in Baton Rouge ... but not in Louisiana

How many of you Baton Rouge guys "are willing" to travel 70 miles to the best ... :hihi:

Human nature ... the fox and the grapes.

I travel 150 miles from Gretna or Metairie to get the best when I come home from Saudi ... and my azz drives past Jerry Lee's almost every time

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I'm still waiting on you SabanFan. Get your tail over to Sunset. :thumb:

5. SabanFan

Will you be there?

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

No. I live in Baton Rouge. Since my wife's parents live in Sunset, we are over there quite a bit (until football starts this weekend).

Scott is the butcher. You can tell him that Mr. Pete's son-in-law Chad (that's me) sent you over. Mr. Pete would be 1/2 of the in-laws and the store owner. Not likely that Mr. Pete will be in the store, but you can ask. Should he happen to be there, tell him I sent you over and he will take care of you.

7. LSU Stud

LSU Stud Founding Member

Those 2 are the best I've had. I need to go to Hebert's in Maurice and Billeaud's in Broussard. Friday after class I might go to Carencro and Sunset to get some boudin and cracklins for the weekend. Sunset's cracklins are better, but the boudins are pretty close.

8. sparkafatty

sparkafatty Founding Member

please spare me. theres nothing worth a **** in alexandria.. you are in denial if you think that only acadiana is the only place in so. la that can make some smokin boudin. where do you think ronnie and jerry lee grew up? certainly not alexandria..... the quality of the boudin has nothing to do with the location of the link.

don't knock em until you've tried em..and if you've tried em and are still knockin em well then ya just don't have a clue.. damn thats too long for a bumpersticker:hihi:

9. SabanFan

Ummmm...you missed my point about Alexandria. I said looking for good Boudin outside of cajun country is like looking for good rice and gravy in Alexandria. Because, you're not likely to find good rice and gravy in Alexandria. See? I was being negative about Alexandria.
    There may be good Boudin in Baton Rouge. But if I was looking for the best, that's not where I'd conduct my search.

10. sparkafatty

sparkafatty Founding Member

yes i understood and i was also slamming alex. by saying NOTHING in alex is good... and yes i understood the foolish assumption that only good boudin is in acadiana maybe you didn't read my post completely or didn't understand it..... if you're looking for the best boudin and wouldn't conduct part of your search in br, well thats just downright foolish. thats like saying you can only get a good muff in new orleans or good beignets or something..... if you don't try jerry lees and ronnies well YOU are the only one missing out.. that just means theres 1 more link for me!