Best Boudin & Cracklins in Louisiana is at ...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by ramahsghost, Dec 15, 2011.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No, not me. There was a big contest held and it was judged as such. I was not even at the contest.

The contest was the 2011 Boudin Cook-Off in Lafayette Louisiana. It's a separate entity from the "rankings".

Have you tasted T Boy's? I haven't tasted them all so can't say for sure. I do have that link and two sources backing what I say- by people who HAVE tasted both.

The defense rests...you should too.

2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

This may be…but only because the best cracklins in the world is sold at “Fatty's” in Woodville Mississippi. They miss being in Louisiana by about a mile. And Cracklins is all they do.

[​IMG]

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

You take stalking to a whole new level my friend :thumb:

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I don't care what anyone says, anyone who says Best Stop isn't the best is talking outside the realm of sanity and I refuse to listen....boom done.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Rabideaux's in Iowa. My family has gone there for well over 40 years. My paw paw sold em hogs back in the day.

Rabideaux's Sausage Kitchen Iowa Louisiana

I like the boudin link. They did not have a review on Rabideaux's a few years back so I sent em an email and 2 months later they responded with the review. Market Basket in Lake Charles has a link one might slap their grandmother over but my favorite is Rabideaux's.
    Boudin is a personal preference and what most folks might swear by, others will dismiss. I always heard Don's was the best link ever but it is a waste of time. Too much seasoning, no room for flavor.

6. LSUTiga

lmao. EXACTLY my thoughts when I saw you'd followed chick in here to the Good Eats.

First of all hello and great to see you.

I like the Market Basket one in LC a lot too. I worked at Jimbo's Quick Stop and we'd buy cases of raw boudin from them. It was Market Basket's boudin he'd sell- it was a secret. People didn't know that and would come in and say, "People say Market Basket's is the best but THIS one is better." :lol: True story.

Don't think I ever got to taste Rabideaux's.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Ain't but a mile in off the freeway. Got a bafroom, t-shirts too.

The rice they use is from right there in Iowa and makes all the difference. Cheap rice and too much slap ya mama comes from those that don't care. Sadly, that is the majority of boudin you can find.

Thought about taking a boudin tour and hitting all the AA's from the link. You in?

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

That would be fun. Not sure I can eat that much in a day though. We may have to make it a weekend trip. :lol:

Just got back from T Boy's. They have T shirts too. What's ya fav color, red or blue?

9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

He follows me everywhere! Even changes his profile picture pretty much on my command......ahhh what can I say, he's smitten.

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Surprise nobody has mentioned Heberts in Maurice. When I was in Orlando, I would spend about $500 during Christmas to load up with meat for the year. Since I am now in Mandeville, I only spent $50 to restock my freezer yesterday.

Maybe I need to branch out and try new places since I am back in LA. Kyle, what is the best meat market in Mandeville other than Rouses? There is a place within 5 minutes of my place that starts with an S. Too lazy to look it up