Best BBQ in all 50 states

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by stevescookin, Jun 12, 2018.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I grew up eating Wilber's. It was a mandatory stop on trips down east to visit family. Between there and the now closed BBQ lodge and Kings (both in Kinston), it just didn't get any better. Found this .
    https://bobleesays.com/2019/01/29/boblee-barbecue-wilbers/

HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Seldom if ever seen in "real" NC BBQ joints.

APPTiger likes this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I am surprised that Tommy Moore’s BBQ in New Bern was not mentioned. It fit his description of a BBQ joint perfectly. Closed a couple of years ago.

Amazed New Bern no longer has any BBQ joints. All we have are two modern, fast food BBQ places. Edible, but not the same.

APPTiger likes this.
  4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Salt Lick is a family favorite going on 30 years I guess. If I'm within 150 miles of drippin springs, we eatin at the salt lick.

You used to catch Willy there most every Wednesday way back when the joint was just a good smell, but they've grown into an attraction since hittin the TVs and all. Now you gotta get in line, to get in line.

APPTiger likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I won't stand in line to get in anywhere. If there's a line I go someplace else

HalloweenRun and APPTiger like this.
  6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

You could have said never lol. NC BBQ is pig. whole pig or pork shoulder. NC, especially eastern NC was (may still be) the largest hog farming area in the world. You eat what's plentiful and cheap.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

How much do you guys pay for good BBQ in your parts? There are some decent joints here in NJ(by my standards at least) but it’s at least $10 for a half pound of brisket or a half rack of ribs before sides.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Those prices are not any higher than here. Not that we have great Q but I can drop $30 or $40 just on myself at TJ Ribs. Rack of baby backs, baked or sweet potato, a salad and a couple of drinks

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

It’s confirmed then. I’m just a cheap fuck. I could definitely drop $30-40 at a BBQ joint. I can probably take down 1-1.5 pounds of any smoked meat, plus Mac and cheese, a drink, and maybe some cornbread.

fanatic, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Same here. Not sure how much a full rack (not baby back), but I polish that off plus a cup of baked beans, no problem. I'm not like that with any other food, like pizza, but through some meat a grill and fuggedaboutit.

tzanghi likes this.