Best 80's movies

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 17, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I suppose it attracts a certain type of movie-goer but for me, it's too expensive and frankly, if I get in too comfy a chair, have a drink, turn the lights off, and I'm in snoozeville. Total waste of money.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

We have 2 or 3 of them here in the city. 1 of them for sure is the full service, you can go online and reserve your seats before the movie.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

speaking of movies, go see the new road warrior.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I feel this way about Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan--saw them in the theater, noted that they were important films but never need to see them again. I think Selma may fall into that category with me, but my daughters loved it, so we may end up seeing it more than once.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The ones in DFW are definitely not cheap. We went to see Pitch Perfect 2 on Sunday at the Alamo Draft House. Even without alcohol, the bill was $120 after tickets, food, and tip.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I would add those movies to the category. I have seen Schindler's List once and SPR just twice. Leaving Las Vegas is another I just thought of.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For $120 I hope you were able to take at least 10 other people but I know better. I will spend that kind of money on a live sporting event or a concert but never for a movie. A part of what your spending your entertainment dollars on is the atmosphere. The raucous crowd in Tiger Stadium or the shared experience of a live music concert makes each game or concert a one time event. But a movie will still be the same movie next year when you watch it on Netflix or rent it for $2 at one of those Redboxes. And you don't want crowd atmosphere at a movie. Other than laughter at the appropriate places or some oohs and ahs at the special effects a rowdy crowd would ruin the moviegoing experience.

If you and your hubby and two daughters went it was $40 per person. Figure the movie itself is worth about $10 per person so the other $80 you spent was for comfortable seating and way overpriced food. Unless the food was good restaurant quality and price its a ripoff.

mctiger likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The movie grille's are very popular there, I wonder if a stoner movie establishment would work in Colorado or Washington. Bring your own vape, they sell you the weed and food and you get baked and fat and watch a movie.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sure it would work. Mary Jane's Munchie Movie Cafe