Democrats Bernie Sanders Effect on Democrat and HRC politically

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Aug 10, 2015.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Remember the Saints with their "prevent defense?" I used to call it playing "not to lose." Hillary's strategy is similar, yet different. It's like she is "not running," to win.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

She should hire Chavis to run her campaign

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Frontrunners can play it safe this early in a campaign. They don't have to spend money wildly or get caught up in spats with minor candidates. It's a long race.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe she is afraid of Bernie. After all she is chicken and his name is Sanders.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's gotten to the point where none of you even have legitimate complaints about Hillary that are backed by hard evidence, it's all name calling. Like the guy on the playground that loses the argument and says "oh yeah!!???!!! Well you're a poo poo head".

Tiger in NC and Winston1 like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The fact that she exists is a valid complaint. The bitch just offends me. I don't blame Bill for getting some on the side.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I agree with Red that she is playing it smart by the political playbook of conventional wisdom. That said, I don't think the conventional wisdom is going to apply to this election. I think we are in a transitional period because the economy has changed so dramatically from only 10 years ago, much less 30 years ago. As quickly as we can find ways to create jobs, technology erases the need for two other jobs. I like to use the example of Blockbuster video stores and how they, and the jobs, have been over taken by redbox and netflix, which effectively require no one. The economy is very different now and the first candidate to be able to relate to folks on that level is going to win this election, whether Republican or Democrat. Carville's oft repeated line of "it's the economy, stupid" is about to be rule #1 in who gets a seat in the Oval office come January 2017.

8. Tiger in NC

in all seriousness, what is it about her that offends you so deeply?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Her whole attitude and sleaziness. Did you see the video of her faking a Southern accent?

10. Tiger in NC

I didn't but it wouldn't come as a surprise. She's a politician and they are chameleons by trade. I don't know though, doesn't seem like enough to totally writer her off, is there something else about her that you don't like? I mean, her policy positions are pretty middle of the road. Bill was called by many the best Republican president of the last 30 years so you know she isn't a wild left-ender with ambitions of rocking the boat too much, right?